button help

Started by
10 comments, last by Oluseyi 16 years, 1 month ago
in my program (with opengl, c++ ), i have few buttons (simple rectangles) whenever i click them , i change their colour slightly .. but still iam not satisfied as it does not appear good is their some good way to make a feel for buttons pressed also i have some text written on them thanks [Edited by - iamspecial on March 17, 2008 12:48:38 PM]
Advertisement
please help............
As a beginner, it probably isn't a great idea to try write your own GUI. GUIs are quite tricky. You might be better off googling and finding one written for you. Unfortunately I have no suggestions, I haven't really used any in the kind of depth it would require to make a recommendation.
Quote:Original post by rip-off
As a beginner, it probably isn't a great idea to try write your own GUI. GUIs are quite tricky. You might be better off googling and finding one written for you. Unfortunately I have no suggestions, I haven't really used any in the kind of depth it would require to make a recommendation.

i googled
can i use GTK+ in dev c++.....
if i can , then how to use it
I think GTK is more a regular GUI than a OpenGL GUI.

Try the forum FAQ's suggestion.
Quote:Original post by rip-off

i wanna just create buttons myself and dont want to use someone else code
can somebody help?
I think people are having a hard time figuring out what you actually need?

Do you want to know how to program a button you can press? Do you want it to look realistic? Like do you want it to have an up, hover and pressed state?

Are you talking about programming all this? Or are you talking about hopw to make them look good using a program like Photoshop?
Quote:Original post by JimmyDeemo
I think people are having a hard time figuring out what you actually need?

Do you want to know how to program a button you can press? Do you want it to look realistic? Like do you want it to have an up, hover and pressed state?

Are you talking about programming all this? Or are you talking about hopw to make them look good using a program like Photoshop?

Do you want it to look realistic?............ yes as realitic as buttons of
ms paint

Are you talking about programming all this ........ yeah programming is what i wanna do

(also no photoshop here ) only simple c++
Quote:Original post by iamspecial
is their some good way to make a feel for buttons pressed

Move the button down and to the left about 2 pixels, then draw a dark border on its left and upper sides. I'm heading out of the house now; I'll follow up with graphical examples in a few hours when I get to the office.
Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
Quote:Original post by iamspecial
is their some good way to make a feel for buttons pressed

Move the button down and to the left about 2 pixels, then draw a dark border on its left and upper sides. I'm heading out of the house now; I'll follow up with graphical examples in a few hours when I get to the office.

iam waiting :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement