• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
juergen1969

SlimDx current version

This topic is 3868 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I use SlimDx for my current project. Everything works fine, but I need the "Device.Clear()" with rectangle-support, which is build in the actuall source. How can I get a build from the actual source code? I use C#, so I don't have a C++ compiler. Visual C++ Express can not read the project directly. Has anyone an idea? Best regards, Jürgen

Advertisement
This is indeed a problem that we have been discussing. We may possibly include a C++ only solution in the future so that Express Edition users can still build it. Fortunately, we are planning on a new binary release within the week, possibly as soon as tomorrow. So if you can wait, I suggest you do so.

If, for some reason, you absolutely NEED the extended support right now, contact me via my email address (in my profile) and I'll send you a compiled binary of the SlimDX.dll from the current build.

Mike,
I tried to add it to my project but it will not work.
Every time I start it, it crashes at beginning with "System.IO.FileLoadException" pointing to SlimDx or one of it's dependencies.

I tried to insert the dll in one of the sample projects (MinTri) and it ends in the same result.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!