• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Chrono1081

Flash Game Programming....

This topic is 3720 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I already looked at reviews from amazon and other places on books for flash game programming and I was wondering if anyone had used a book for beginning flash programming that they really enjoyed and if so if you could post it. Reviews are good but hearing what books really helped people straight from the source is a lot better. Thank you for your time :)

Advertisement
Well, a great book series has always been for dummies. I myself have bought a copy, and it teaches you how to make a simple pong game, and a couple games. It focuses on the basics of the language, actionscript, and teaches you how to use Flash 8.

Well I used the Andy Harris flash dummies book and it has to be the easiest game programming book I ever read.
Very easy to read the book in a couple of days vs a month or so if it was a C/C++ book.
Anyways you should look at the flash source code on his webpage here since it's exactly what's in the book and should give you a good idea of it's for you.
CSCI N451 Game Programming
The only downside I can see is that it is older actionscript code so you won't see much OOP like the lastest version of actionscript and flash uses.

I read the Moronta book Game Development With Actionscript and I found it to be good

Thank you guys for the replies :) I am currently learning C++ but I wanna get back into flash too since I used to use it awhile ago but not for games. Whats funny is I ordered both the books that were mentioned right after I posted lol so they are on the way.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!