• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

help with questions on editer plz

This topic is 3622 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just out of pure interest how would 1 go about finding out how the wii twilight princes editor functioned And how 1 would go about using its editor..is there 1? I like to make the sequel ,im not to sure of its functionality and practicality in level creation. I can use 3dmax 8, photo shop cs2, Bryce 5 ,hl2ed ,uted3/2003/2004 and doom 3 radiant so im up on bsp and static creation ,so really were to start how to start . thx

Advertisement
I don't have the answer to your question but you may get more responses if you re-edit your post and get rid of all the internet slang abbreviations. People on this site usually look down on that.

Any tools that Nintendo would have used to create their first-party games are for Nintendo-use only. Unless a company explicitly makes tools available as part of a mod SDK (like Crysis with SANDBOX2, for instance) you can't use it and nobody here is going to even know anything about its specifics (if such a tool even exists). Besides even if you did somehow have access to their editor, you wouldn't be able to use it to alter a retail copy of the game.

1.Im craig George if you know the name u know I don’t care care if you look down on my words
2.I may have not been here for like 10 years but I will express my self as my self..thank you.
“Im not been rude just honest.”
3.Im not trying to alter an existing game just finish it
4.The conclusion to twilight princess and it has nothing to do with wind Walker.
Im just in progress of finish off the story but I like to map and play as I design,If you know what I mean, why I ask as ye it will sharpen my out put

here is a bit if u think im joking.
Prolog
Link is riding his horse Epona back to his home village of Ordon after saving every 1 from the beasts of Twilight and Gannon, when he drifts off into a day dream.
He has saris of flash bakes of the events that took place during his adventure. It starts of with Llia saying she had lost her memory, then to him
As a wolf now he can see Midna ask Zelda selflessly to heal him,
When in her dyeing breaths before Zelda healed her. Then to Zant looking up to the blazing entity of Gannon. Next to Zelda suspended in the Tryforce emblem as Midna Tries
valiantly in vain to stop the black particles from hitting Zelda ,who’s eyes turn white as result. He see’s Midna as she bravely tells him and Zelda to go as she would fight Gannon, now in Hyrule field Gannon with a sword threw his chest standing with white eyes.
Turning his head he can see Midna as she tells him that her human form was her real form, now at the twilight mirror he can see Midna’s tear as it rolls from her eye and smashes the Twilight Mirror before Midna dematerializing. Finally he can see all the children in the wagon headed for Ordon just before Epona suddenly stops in her tracks and snaps him out of his day dream.
Patting Epona’s flank, Link looks round as he do’s so he notices there are no birds singing. Looking to the path in front of him he can see a slight smoke mist. Grabbing the rains he leads Epona on, her walk now braking into a gallop. Coming into the next clearing were the oil sales men lived Link brings Epona to a grinding holt out side his burning house, that had almost burnt to the ground. Leaping from Epona Link scouts round for any sign
Of the sales man, looking at patch of mud link gets down on his hunches and examines the markings.
Link “Boars.”
Still hunched link looks in the direction of Ordon as panic races threw him, jolting up Link” whistle” Epona gallops to him. With out Epona stopping Link mounts her and ride off, makes his way to the Temple of Time and the master sword chamber where he ripped the master sword from its flaw sheath. Link now back on Epona gallops at fill speed toward Ordon. As he reaches Ordon Epona
Rears up, Link can see the village is a blaze so he gets of Epona and smakes her rump, Epona heads in the direction of Links house in a gallop. Running threw the village and thick smoke link
Looks left and right at the burning houses but can see no sign of any of the village folk. In front of him he can make out the silo wet of some one standing out side the Mayer ‘s house so Link darts to words the shape ,skidding in his tracks he stops as he can now make it out. It was Llia who turned her head round with those evil white eyes, link flashes back to the vision given to him in the cave at lake hyrule
Llia lifts the dagger and lunges at Link as link sticks his sword threw her chest as he snaps out of it, his sword is in Llia and he looks s as the dagger hits the ground by her feet. Llia looks into links eyes.
Llia/Gannon ”ha.. ha.. HA ..HA!”
link is taken back by this.
Llia/Gannon”did you actually think you could kill me fool, that’s
right I’m Gannon ha..ha “
Llia holds up the back of her hand and shows Link the Tryforce emblem.
Llia/Gannon”its just like yours Link and you know what that means don’t you, I may not hold the master sword but then again in the same I cant die by its blade. Did they forget to tell you this ha..ha..”
Just then a strange sound started emanating from the Master Sword.
Master Sword”pwizz..pwizzz…pwizzz”
Llia/Gannon”the only out come of this is that the master sword will be destroyed ha..aha, not only that i manage to Capture Zelda and Llia and crush your little friend Midna like a bug
MAH.. HA..HA.HAR!
Gannon holding up Midna’s Twilight Crystal as he tried to contain the smug look on his face.
The sound from the Master Swords reached a climax
Master Sword”PWEEEEEEW! ”
It went silent, Gannon looked into links eyes as he gave Link a teethie smile, that faded in a bright flash of light.
Master Sword”KA…..Boooooooo..M! ”
Glowing orange link fly’s threw the air, landing in a river face down before he washes over a water fall. Link gains conciseness just long enough to see him self been dragged out of the river by some arms.

Quote:
Original post by craigie
1.Im craig George if you know the name u know I don’t care care if you look down on my words
2.I may have not been here for like 10 years but I will express my self as my self..thank you.
“Im not been rude just honest.”

I wasn't trying to be rude, I was telling you this because a lot of people will see the word "plz" in your subject line of your post and ignore it because people will automatically assume you are some kid who really doesn't care about game development.

Quote:
Original post by craigie
3.Im not trying to alter an existing game just finish it
Unless you either work for Nintendo (in which case you would not be here asking such a question) or have their written permission this would be an illegal usage of Nintendo's intellectual property, and Nintendo are well known for shutting down projects of this nature; if your project ever comes to their attention they will at minimum issue you with a ceace and desist notice, and may additionally take legal action (although this would probably (but you have no guarantees) only occur if you'd made a significant amount of money or chose to ignore the C&D).

Quote:
4.The conclusion to twilight princess and it has nothing to do with wind Walker.
Noone has mentioned Wind Waker, I'm not really clear on why you chose to mention it.

As to your original questions...
Quote:
And how 1 would go about using its editor..is there 1?
There aren't any publically released tools for the game to my knowledge, and as a console game it's unlikely that there will be. Any tools used in the creation of the game would have been internal tools available only to Nintendo employees (or licensees, depending on who made the game - in any case, not the public or even other studios) and are unlikely to be made publically available for quite a long time if ever.

Quote:
I like to make the sequel
As mentioned above, illegal. No, it doesn't matter if you're not making any money off it, it's still illegal without permission, and they can (and will, if they notice) take legal action.

Quote:
here is a bit if u think im joking.
[*snip*]
If you'd like some feedback on your writing you could perhaps try our Writing For Games forum, there are numerous areas in which you could improve.

well thanks a lot

let them take legal action ,won’t they get a surprise
ge i wonder how canada is ......

but ye i realize allot of what you say, just find it frustrating

wind walker..i read as some 1 mentioned twilight princess was sequel to it
when in fact they raped twilight princes to make wind walker.

that was not a story it was first part of the entro hehe
iv hung up my mouse and taken up the keyboard...just a note even entro is light
as i reintegrate the game into the story to explain the story as though it was game play

with at least 4 section to a set of 5 levels or straight 15 levels + 8 more levels i cant afford to be to artistic, just get down what in portend before death is added..as ye you on to it so am i :P

dude ye i get your point about my stile of typing... ill look into it

Quote:
Original post by craigie
let them take legal action ,won’t they get a surprise
ge i wonder how canada is ...
If you're in New Zealand (as your location tag suggests) they're quite able to take legal action against you. If you're in Canada, the same applies.

Quote:
wind walker.
Wind Waker, no L.

Although I’m liking the 'toying' that’s going on here. This isn't really going anywhere.

I would suggest craigie that if you are unhappy with what Nintendo did with their game, perhaps you should contribute to some fan forums such as this for example. Or even find some contact information for someone at Nintendo who deals with customer dissatisfaction.

Besides if someone could simply 'make the sequel' to games, then Halo 4 would be out by now.

well in my story is about link and Midna
as Midna i believe is the new Zelda, as they have taken Zelda further and further away from link when they were married in Zelda 1,fase it Zelda is so stuck up they may as well stick her up there ....

i believe Nintendo have no idea.. why twilight was not rounded off nicely

and im not worried if they like take me to court let them
Canada was not meant like that ,oh the Indian in twilight looks like he comes
from a Canadian tribe..i wouldn’t know i don’t come from there or have ever been there

contact in Nintendo i thought i had 1 but i guess not
im not a fan and i not going to join a fan club. I believe i have the sequel
i may not be the original other but i feel it is my destiny to finish this gurney
and i believe American Nintendo should give me the right and we will see how good my ideas are.

Then this is my opinion I still have a way to go so rather for now a taste of what im working on designing
When im ready ill try go next step.

Quote:
Original post by craigie
i believe Nintendo have no idea.. why twilight was not rounded off nicely

It's their game so they have every right to finish it how they feel.
Quote:
Original post by craigie
and im not worried if they like take me to court let them

Well if you try this they will take you to court, and most likely win. Its not really worth the effort and the trouble it could cause you.
Quote:
Original post by craigie
contact in Nintendo i thought i had 1 but i guess not
im not a fan and i not going to join a fan club. I believe i have the sequel
i may not be the original other but i feel it is my destiny to finish this gurney]

If your not a fan then why are you trying to make a sequel? But no matter how good of a story you have it violates the IP rights Nintendo has on Zelda. Also on some of those fansites there are stories that are so well thought out that it seems like its impossible to not make a game about it. However, no matter how good a story is, no one but nintendo has the right to make the game.
Quote:
Original post by craigie
and i believe American Nintendo should give me the right and we will see how good my ideas are.

Well I'm sorry but you in fact have absolutely no rights to make this sequel and Nintedo has every right to stop you from making it. Why do you feel they should let you use their idea's for your own game without any benefit to them?

If i may say so, your design ideas for the next Zelda as well as any distaste you have for Nintendo are irrelevant.

You won't get your hands on an editor for Twilight Princess, official, hacked or otherwise. Which means if you want to pursue your idea you will have to program it from scratch. This might take sometime.

But I’m just kind of confused as why you would choose Gamedev.net Beginners forum to talk about how you think you have the next best thing for the Zelda series (using the last games technology).

[/quote]
Well I'm sorry but you in fact have absolutely no rights to make this sequel and Nintedo has every right to stop you from making it. Why do you feel they should let you use their idea's for your own game without any benefit to them?[/quote]

Cough excuse me ? who use who's ideas?

edit" save that for a rany day"
I believe I have the knowledge to finish what was started in twilight princes as the story Nintendo put out was ok but was not that clever and half of that story and not a sequel but the out come
As a movie look at it as cd2 of the same movie
The lack of over all knowledge to the reality of the twilight is a joke
For the story they ended with and bits of clip mean nothing it was a meaningless game
And don’t you your self think the animated sequence in hyrule lake cave made any sense?
It couldn’t have so I believe they are incapable of the task and why I see my self doing it in Nintendo’s behalf finishing the story they had no idea really of its out come. For there were 3 transitional gates not just the twilight in my opinion

[Edited by - craigie on March 19, 2008 8:34:04 PM]

Quote:
Original post by craigie

YOU use THEIR ideas. All of the design of the game was made by Nintendo, and you're talking about using everything they've worked to create except for the story itself. You DO know there's more to a game than the story, right? It's not a book...

ok this is getting off topic but its important that you know what Intellectual Property is. You are not allowed to use their characters or anything they used in their games. You cant just change the story. Their characters, backstory, levels, and anything else about the setting are all theirs.

as for your original question the editor is not publicly available and as far as I know never will be. The only reason editors are released is if the game could benefit from custom content or the editor was licensed.

Quote:
Original post by craigie
i have every right

You have every right to use your ideas, and if you want to make a game based around them, then more power to you. You do not have any rights to use any of the following:
-Legend of Zelda characters
-Legend of Zelda art assets
-Legend of Zelda engines or other software

All of which legally belong to Nintendo. Unless you can convince Nintendo to make your game (which, lets face it, is not going to happen. Pretty much all companies have rules against accepting ideas from people outside the company for legal reasons), you're going to have to write up your own characters, create your own art, and code your own software (or find someone else to do it for you).

If you should decide to avoid doing this and use Nintendo's property anyway, expect a cease and desist letter followed by a lawsuit.

Quote:
Original post by craigie
edit" we will see in time when i approach Nintendo who’s head will role"

Yes, I suppose we will.

Quote:
and how many corers ill end with a snap of my finger ,I remember I was shafted I designed my 8 levels…bro ,i know more than i should and i will stand on fingers

If you don't mind my asking, what's a corer? Really, what are you talking about? You're really starting to sound delusional here.

Quote:
I think he meant career.

Really? I would not have called that, thank you.

Yes, it does sound like he thinks he has some sort of terrible secret about Nintendo. That or he thinks Nintendo is part of a conspiracy against him.

I wonder what he means by "I remember I was shafted I designed my 8 levels."

Quote:
Original post by Eddy999999
Quote:
Original post by craigie

YOU use THEIR ideas. All of the design of the game was made by Nintendo, and you're talking about using everything they've worked to create except for the story itself. You DO know there's more to a game than the story, right? It's not a book...

finish the story and give it meaning

As mentioned, this violates IP laws. Also unless you happen to have a few billion dollers laying around( to go head-to-head against nintendo) you will not have any way to get this game made(illeagaly or by paying nintendo).

read 34 i did not come here to prove who designed what and who got the cash and who got fucked over
i just thought id finish the story that clearly Nintendo has no idea to do with the dribble they vomited out

i have no war pain just desin paint on and looking for ideas
I know limitations but I also know they read in here, maybe they stopped who knows
My story was to give them some thing to realize and offer me the opportunity ,not make me have to pull out my cap gun and fire warning shots, I have no intention to bear my teeth at Nintendo but I believe my story should be given consideration as the likely hood my story is better

pss ..red just between you and me
you remember the three links..the three forms link would have to take when evil destroyed link? Destroyed the master sword that shattered"for it was not the master sword but the soul sword"maybe why souls every were haha" and evil would take over..but not 1of links 3 forms but gannon haha

oops did i exsplain the game/sory

"edit i removed it"

[Edited by - craigie on March 19, 2008 9:18:11 PM]

With your writing style, who in their right mind would listen to you? I believe writing coherent English is the first qualification for aspiring writers.

Quote:
Original post by craigie
i have no war pain just desin paint on and looking for ideas

Then maybe you should go post in the game design forum farther down the page? Or even better, the writing forum, since you seem to want to write for a game rather than design it.

Quote:
I know limitations but I also know they read in here, maybe they stopped who knows
My story was to give them some thing to realize and offer me the opportunity

I'm sure there are hundreds or thousands of people who have stories for Legend of Zelda and think their story is better than Nintendo's. Why should Nintendo pick your story over the stories of those people, or even one that they wrote themselves? Especially when their legal team is undoubtedly screaming at them not to use any story but their own?
Quote:
as the likely hood my story is better

After having read your prologue and not understanding about half of it, I would dispute that. No offense, but the half I did understand didn't seem to be up to par with the rest of the Zelda series, poor grammar and spelling aside. Also, you've broken one of the major plot elements of the Zelda series; through the entire series, Link has consistently been a silent character.

Quote:
you remember the three links..the three forms link would have to take when evil destroyed link? Destroyed the master sword that shattered"for it was not the master sword but the soul sword"maybe why souls every were haha" and evil would take over..but not 1of links 3 forms but gannon haha

I honestly have no clue what you're talking about. Keeping in mind that I've only really played Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons and Link's Awakening, I really don't remember there being anything about, well, anything you said.

It just occurred to me that YOUR telling NINTENDO how to end THEIR story. How the hell do you know that what they made didn't fit into the universe or whatever, they made the universe! You said there were 3 gates instead of 1 and Nintendo got it wrong. Now, how do you know that?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement