help with questions on editer plz

Started by
32 comments, last by stimarco 16 years, 1 month ago
well in my story is about link and Midna
as Midna i believe is the new Zelda, as they have taken Zelda further and further away from link when they were married in Zelda 1,fase it Zelda is so stuck up they may as well stick her up there ....

i believe Nintendo have no idea.. why twilight was not rounded off nicely

and im not worried if they like take me to court let them
Canada was not meant like that ,oh the Indian in twilight looks like he comes
from a Canadian tribe..i wouldn’t know i don’t come from there or have ever been there

contact in Nintendo i thought i had 1 but i guess not
im not a fan and i not going to join a fan club. I believe i have the sequel
i may not be the original other but i feel it is my destiny to finish this gurney
and i believe American Nintendo should give me the right and we will see how good my ideas are.

Then this is my opinion I still have a way to go so rather for now a taste of what im working on designing
When im ready ill try go next step.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by craigie
i believe Nintendo have no idea.. why twilight was not rounded off nicely

It's their game so they have every right to finish it how they feel.
and im not worried if they like take me to court let them

Well if you try this they will take you to court, and most likely win. Its not really worth the effort and the trouble it could cause you.
contact in Nintendo i thought i had 1 but i guess not
im not a fan and i not going to join a fan club. I believe i have the sequel
i may not be the original other but i feel it is my destiny to finish this gurney]

If your not a fan then why are you trying to make a sequel? But no matter how good of a story you have it violates the IP rights Nintendo has on Zelda. Also on some of those fansites there are stories that are so well thought out that it seems like its impossible to not make a game about it. However, no matter how good a story is, no one but nintendo has the right to make the game.
and i believe American Nintendo should give me the right and we will see how good my ideas are.

Well I'm sorry but you in fact have absolutely no rights to make this sequel and Nintedo has every right to stop you from making it. Why do you feel they should let you use their idea's for your own game without any benefit to them?
If i may say so, your design ideas for the next Zelda as well as any distaste you have for Nintendo are irrelevant.

You won't get your hands on an editor for Twilight Princess, official, hacked or otherwise. Which means if you want to pursue your idea you will have to program it from scratch. This might take sometime.

But I’m just kind of confused as why you would choose Gamedev.net Beginners forum to talk about how you think you have the next best thing for the Zelda series (using the last games technology).

Well I'm sorry but you in fact have absolutely no rights to make this sequel and Nintedo has every right to stop you from making it. Why do you feel they should let you use their idea's for your own game without any benefit to them?

Cough excuse me ? who use who's ideas?

edit" save that for a rany day"
I believe I have the knowledge to finish what was started in twilight princes as the story Nintendo put out was ok but was not that clever and half of that story and not a sequel but the out come
As a movie look at it as cd2 of the same movie
The lack of over all knowledge to the reality of the twilight is a joke
For the story they ended with and bits of clip mean nothing it was a meaningless game
And don’t you your self think the animated sequence in hyrule lake cave made any sense?
It couldn’t have so I believe they are incapable of the task and why I see my self doing it in Nintendo’s behalf finishing the story they had no idea really of its out come. For there were 3 transitional gates not just the twilight in my opinion

[Edited by - craigie on March 19, 2008 8:34:04 PM]

YOU use THEIR ideas. All of the design of the game was made by Nintendo, and you're talking about using everything they've worked to create except for the story itself. You DO know there's more to a game than the story, right? It's not a book...
God is not all-powerful, as he cannot build a wall he cannot jump.Stelimar Website: eddy999999.ed.funpic.org/Stelimar/index.html
ok this is getting off topic but its important that you know what Intellectual Property is. You are not allowed to use their characters or anything they used in their games. You cant just change the story. Their characters, backstory, levels, and anything else about the setting are all theirs.

as for your original question the editor is not publicly available and as far as I know never will be. The only reason editors are released is if the game could benefit from custom content or the editor was licensed.
i have every right

You have every right to use your ideas, and if you want to make a game based around them, then more power to you. You do not have any rights to use any of the following:
-Legend of Zelda characters
-Legend of Zelda art assets
-Legend of Zelda engines or other software

All of which legally belong to Nintendo. Unless you can convince Nintendo to make your game (which, lets face it, is not going to happen. Pretty much all companies have rules against accepting ideas from people outside the company for legal reasons), you're going to have to write up your own characters, create your own art, and code your own software (or find someone else to do it for you).

If you should decide to avoid doing this and use Nintendo's property anyway, expect a cease and desist letter followed by a lawsuit.

edit" we will see in time when i approach Nintendo who’s head will role"

Yes, I suppose we will.

Quote:and how many corers ill end with a snap of my finger ,I remember I was shafted I designed my 8 levels…bro ,i know more than i should and i will stand on fingers

If you don't mind my asking, what's a corer? Really, what are you talking about? You're really starting to sound delusional here.
I think he meant career. As for the rest I have no idea what he is trying to say. It sounds like he's got some terrible secret about nintendo.
Quote:I think he meant career.

Really? I would not have called that, thank you.

Yes, it does sound like he thinks he has some sort of terrible secret about Nintendo. That or he thinks Nintendo is part of a conspiracy against him.

I wonder what he means by "I remember I was shafted I designed my 8 levels."
As mentioned, this violates IP laws. Also unless you happen to have a few billion dollers laying around( to go head-to-head against nintendo) you will not have any way to get this game made(illeagaly or by paying nintendo).
-------------------------------------------------my forum LINK: here

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement