• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
HellzGod

Generation of a cylinder from a rectangular plane

This topic is 3805 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have a rectangular mesh in the x-y plane. I want to rotate it about x axis so that I get a cylinder. I need the time variant equation for the same. Somebody HELP!!!!! M

Advertisement
Er.. if you rotate a rectangle like that, the swept shape will be a cylinder, true. But the equation for that cylinder won't be time variant, as it'll be the union over all time values. Are you looking for the (non-time-variant) equation for the cylinder, or for the time variant equation for a rotating rectangle?

I should have said time variant equation of the rotating rectangle so that I end up with a cylinder.

Thanks,
M

I assume the OP means "rotate the vertices of a tesselated rectangle mesh (regular grid) so the vertices are on a cylinder afterwards". At least, that seems the only sensible thing that I can make from the question.
Time variance suggests that this should be animating/morphing from rectangle to cylinder?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!