• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Generation of a cylinder from a rectangular plane

This topic is 3624 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have a rectangular mesh in the x-y plane. I want to rotate it about x axis so that I get a cylinder. I need the time variant equation for the same. Somebody HELP!!!!! M

Advertisement
Er.. if you rotate a rectangle like that, the swept shape will be a cylinder, true. But the equation for that cylinder won't be time variant, as it'll be the union over all time values. Are you looking for the (non-time-variant) equation for the cylinder, or for the time variant equation for a rotating rectangle?

I should have said time variant equation of the rotating rectangle so that I end up with a cylinder.

Thanks,
M

I assume the OP means "rotate the vertices of a tesselated rectangle mesh (regular grid) so the vertices are on a cylinder afterwards". At least, that seems the only sensible thing that I can make from the question.
Time variance suggests that this should be animating/morphing from rectangle to cylinder?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement