[4e6] Shotgun Ninja

Started by
6 comments, last by cactus 16 years ago
S H O T G U N N I N J A v1.1 ---------------------------- D E S C R I P T I O N ------------------------ This is a ninja game which focuses on getting a good highscore. Use your maneuvers to navigate and kill enemies. S T O R Y ------------ Ninja's accountant has taken all of Ninja's money and bought a crystal fortress for it. It is Ninja's duty to go to the and reclaim his money (and honour) through use of his shotgun. C O N T R O L S ----------------- Left arrow: Run left, cling to wall Right arrow: Run right, cling to wall Up arrow: Jump, wall jump, cling to ceiling, heighten grenade throwing angle Down arrow: Look down, lower grenade throwing angle Z: Shoot (not when jumping) X: Throw grenade S C O R I N G T I P S ------------------------ -Beating a level fast gives bonus score! -Killing all enemies gives bonus score! -Killing no enemies gives bonus score! -Not using shotgun gives bonus score! -Not using grenades gives bonus score! -Killing more enemies than you use shotgun rounds and grenades gives bonus score! D O W N L O A D ----------------- http://64digits.com/users/cactus/sgninja.zip H I G H S C O R E S ---------------------- http://h1.ripway.com/cactussoft/sgn/highscore.php Music by goto80 (used with permission from the author) [Edited by - cactus on April 3, 2008 6:48:55 PM]
Advertisement
This is an incredible game. Good luck in the contest Cactus!
Thats a rocking game, I especially liked the cut scene.
I dream hard of helping people.
Awesome game! I LOVE the retro visuals and I think you managed the gameplay mechanics really well, the player's movement feels smooth and the whole game is really fun. I'd have liked the last boss to be a bit harder though!

Did I see a pony around level 4? It looked like a reindeer to me!

PS : In your scoring tips, you have both "Not killing any enemies gives bonus score" and "Killing no enemies gives bonus score", that's a bit redundant.
Quote:Did I see a pony around level 4? It looked like a reindeer to me!

Yeah, I've always had trouble drawing horses. And it's even harder when you have to make it low resolution and retro. Reindeer's pretty close, though. I'm glad you didn't mistake it for a dragon or a penguin.

Quote:PS : In your scoring tips, you have both "Not killing any enemies gives bonus score" and "Killing no enemies gives bonus score", that's a bit redundant.

I was just trying to make it look like there was more secret ways of getting a good score than there actually is. I guess I got busted...
The submission page just gives me 500 Internal Server Errors. Can someone help me get the game submitted?

Shpiel:
<see first post>

Accountant element:
The Accountant is the villain of the story and also the game's final boss.

Ponies element:
The accountant has a pony roaming around on the level called "The Stable".

Crystals element:
The game takes place in a fortress made of crystal.

Explosions element:
Ninja can toss grenades which explode. Ninja can shoot enemies, which explode. Enemies can kill Ninja who explodes.

Notes for judges:
The game is eight levels long. Consult the readme if you are having trouble with anything.

PLEASE EXTRACT THE GAME BEFORE PLAYING!
Quote:Original post by cactus
The submission page just gives me 500 Internal Server Errors. Can someone help me get the game submitted?

You can upload your entry to a free file hosting site like http://myfreefilehosting.com. I just did.

It will generate a link you can post back here so others can download it. Also, submit your entry without uploading anything. It will create a post for your game with the descriptions you entered. The staff/moderators will download your game from the free hosting site and put it up on Gamedev for others to download here.
Thanks for the help. Looks like it did get submitted somehow. Phew!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement