problem with developing a new game

Started by
0 comments, last by JimmyDeemo 16 years, 1 month ago
me n some of my friends are trying to build a game named as age of entrepreneurs(Aoe) . it would be a numbers game though but the problem is we arent able to figure out how should we proceed keepin in mind the complexity of coding. further we have thought of having the game as in alloting the land to the player (the player is provided with some initial amt. say 100,000$) then he has to buy the resources necessary to keep his factory booming(eg.fuel, raw materials,etc instead of food ,water, etc in conventional aoe). we are stuck here with how to decide the winning strategy if this game is to be played on lan. also can you suggest the programming language we can use to make the code simplest and enjoyable. we were thinking of using c/c++
Advertisement
Your post is quite hard to read. Would you mind breaking it down a bit and placing some capital letters in there. It’s hard to distinguish when you stop talking about one feature and then move on to the next.

From what i gather you have a few questions in there, some of which are design related and some code related is that right?

It seems your looking for a winning strategy for networked play given players start with x amount and then play the game. So how about something simple like players buy out other players stock? Players win when one owns all the stock, sort of like SM's Railroads. Is there a turn count? Or time to play? If one of these expires then the person who owns the most money could win. Or even just have a monetary threshold and see who hits it first.

Am i on the right lines here?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement