• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JorenJoestar

Multiplatform - Multirenderer architecture

This topic is 3801 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys! I'm trying to solve this problem...let me explain it. I have a small graphic engine, with no dependecies (apart from the base os headers and the graphic lib) and I have already done two classes that lets me build this engine virtually on every platform and with every renderer (DirectX/OpenGL). The classes are "Application", that is the abstraction of the base application per operative system (so in Windows I handle the message queue with Windows API, under Linux using the system calls...) and "Renderer", that is the abstraction of the function used by the engine and implemented in "DXRenderer" and "OpenGLRenderer". Now...I've moved to Codeblocks, because I want to build something under linux and windows in the same manner. But...I don't know how to organize the whole thing! A static lib for the application and for the renderer, and the core engine uses only the .h and .lib? Or maybe with dynamic lib? Do I have need to create a directory that contains all the .h and another one with the .lib (like a SDK) and then make different build configuration under CodeBlocks that link to different libs? - Confused - Thanks in advice! Gab

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!