• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
chillypacman

Zombies Ate My Neighbours Remake

This topic is 3824 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, just working on a remake of that old game. I've released two trailers, ones actually quite old and hte other one I only released just now. I'm looking for feedback on it, feedback and criticisms. Actually I'm really looking for crticisms haha. First trailer:
Second one:

Advertisement
*cries* I cant dl or stream videos! If I could Id be all over this Zombies Ate My Neighbors is one of the best titles in my opinion.

Very impressive work! Great job on this, gameplay looks very polished, and you've got a good look and feel going there. Maybe the HUD needs some more work.
I think this game would look very awesome with some shadows and generally more use of lighting, although that might not fit the look you're after.

Keep it up!

Quote:
Original post by Omid Ghavami
Very impressive work! Great job on this, gameplay looks very polished, and you've got a good look and feel going there. Maybe the HUD needs some more work.
I think this game would look very awesome with some shadows and generally more use of lighting, although that might not fit the look you're after.

Keep it up!

Thanks, I've been experimenting with various styles of gameplay that would involve the mouse, ultimately I'm trying to make the game fun to play and I'm really glad you feel that it is polished. WHen you work on a game for as long as I have you kind of lose touchwith other peoples opinions so yeah.

Quote:
Original post by Chrono1081
*cries* I cant dl or stream videos! If I could Id be all over this Zombies Ate My Neighbors is one of the best titles in my opinion.

I'll try to upload some screenshots soon :)

Quote:
Looks good.

lol, hopefully it'll look awesome by the next trailer/release :D

Huge, huge ZAMN fan here and it looks like you've done an amazing job so far of updating the game without losing what made the original so great (despite Lucasarts awful attempt at a sequel, Ghoul Patrol).

Watch the copyright issues, though, because without official backing from Lucasarts they may send you a cease-and-desist. You'd be better off getting permission, or changing it to a ZAMN inspired B-movie send-up.

Excellent work so far and I look forward to seeing more!

(Edit: Fixed... Ghoul Patrol was the bad sequel, not Ghoul School, which was a bad NES horror game)

Well I'm planning on finding someone who can make new sprites as soon as I get a cease and desist from Lucas Arts. But until then I'm not spending money on it.

hey guys, I just put together a quick pre-alpha demo: http://thatsgames.com/downloads/zamnprealpha.exe

it's still really rough around the edges but it's playable, I suggest sticking to the level editorfor th etime being, you can play the game through the level editor too so no problems.

Just be sure to read the readme after downloading it, make sure you have the latest version of directx and physx installed too =)

It has been having problems running on some peoples PCs, be sure to tell me if you have any such issues with the game.

well I've 'finished' the game: http://thatsgames.com/downloads/zamndemo.exe

It has three levels plus a level editor.

Finished in the sense about 90% of the features I wanted to put in it ended up being about 30% complete Which is a shame, I even made a system which sets things on fire, just couldn't be arsed with getting the assets right... bleh.

Well it was a learning experience I suppose.

Will probably get around to fleshing it out some more as the years go by.

If you try it be sure to tell me what you think :D

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!