Sign in to follow this  

Any one with experience in the games industry

This topic is 3556 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i am in my second year at uni studying computer games software development and i have to research the games industry and the specific area in which i want to join. It would be useful if any one with experience in the industry being it programming, Artistic, etc would give me a few details about what your qol is, Job role, tasks, how you got in etc. it would be a great help if you could do this. Thank you

Im an artist at PixelCubed Game Studio, which i a UK based start-up, at the moment im working on the terms that i will be paid upon official start up of the company and until then im doing freelance work on the side.

I got offered the place by Pixel3, and i happily accepted as i personally was looking for experience, payment would be a bonus. Im guessing your looking for a paid job right from the start, which means you will need a solid portfolio and demoreel.

Good luck :)

You're in your second year at *university*? I've met pre-teens who could write better English. Please: do yourself a favour and brush up on your basic writing skills.

Preparing a proper questionnaire would also be a good move. Our time is valuable too.

This gets asked all the time on this site and many others. I suggest googling "game industry site:www.gamedev.net" or something might help.

Or take a look at Tom Sloper (GD handle: tsloper)'s articles: http://www.sloperama.com/advice.html

Quote:
Original post by d000hg
Or take a look at Tom Sloper (GD handle: tsloper)'s articles: http://www.sloperama.com/advice.html

Actually his handle is 'Tom Sloper' now.

This topic is 3556 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.