Sign in to follow this  

Distributing your indie game? A new option.

This topic is 3557 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, My name is Jason I handle developer relations and distribution for Slave Circus Ent Inc some of you may have heard of us, while others not so much. We launched in early Feb and are on the journey to forge new ways to distribute independently developed games, for now … (finished independently developed games). Basically Slave Circus Ent www.slavecircus.com was founded by several retail managers, were using our traditional retail experience to find new ways to distribute “indie” titles, specifically for PC. Right now we are actively seeking new titles to add to our catalogue. So what do we offer and what can we do? Well we’ve successfully teamed up with a few indie developers with promises that we can bring additional sales to their games from a completely different source. We know indie developers can distribute titles themselves via digital distribution, so we don’t parade in saying “we are your window to the world”. Consider us as an option if your looking for a “completely different” distribution route for your title. That’s exactly what we do, we have a specific and unique distribution network and we try very hard not to overlap with typical distribution routes for indie developers (Regnow, Manifesto, Portals, Download.com, Steam). First we distribute strictly onto CD/ROM format and offer our own drop shipping solutions. This is for your existing customers and fans that wish to purchase hard copies of your game. We do the full printing, duplication, barcoding, inventory and shipping. For new customers we sell in CD/BOX format because this in turn allows us to retail through different networks that conventional digital distribution simply cannot. We have corporate accounts with Amazon, Pronto, Shopzilla, Bizrate and many more traditional e-tailers. Each cost anywhere from 2-5k to setup and in some cases a lot of greasing. So we use our catalogue of games “collectively” to increase our reputation as a legitimate vendor. We also have close relations with traditional retailers and with all the titles we sign on it’s placed within our product catalogue. Which is seasonally presented to major retailers (Wal-Mart, Target, Staples etc ) when they update their planogram. Though indie games are rarely moved onto retail shelves, we try. We also have begun the tedious process of contacting over 2500 specialty retailers across North America getting feedback from unconventional retailers such as traditional board game stores, toy stores, indie movies/music boutiques, software boutiques, toy catalogues etc … the feedback has been positive and we hope by summer to begin initial distribution for several of our indie and casual titles. Couple of key things to note: we are strictly a distributor; we deal with finished goods and provide no finance or support for games “being developed”. Much like a supplier to a game publisher we simply handle logistics on the front-end. We do distribute casual games and premium PC games, I can easily supply you with our royalty breakdown, distribution agreements and any other information you need just send me an e-mail. If you have questions feel free to ask. If you’re interested in considering us as a distribution option feel free to contact me at anytime. My information is below. You can visit and view our catalogue at www.slavecircus.com Feel free to contact me at distribution@slavecircus.com Regards Jason A. Developer Relations Slavecircus.com

Interesting.
So if I get it right, you are like publishers, with the difference that you don't handle a lot of tasks for us (like legal stuff, some extra artwork, marketing analisys, etc) and you don't take an important share of the profit, which makes you more like a simple "distributor"
However, corporate links of the website you provided are all broken (though I managed accessing here http://www.readyletsplay.com//aboutus.asp
I feel some lack in how are your plan facilities (the forum post is OK, although that spot is a bit summarized). The webpage has indeed good look-n-feel for the customer but I didn't find a corporate link easily. Pherhaps your intention is to get direct mail contact to inform the project leader, CEO or public relations how your planning works.

Consider this opinion as preliminary, since I haven't digged through all your website yet.

Keep up the good work
Dark Sylinc

Edit:
Quote:
We do distribute casual games and premium PC games, I can easily supply you with our royalty breakdown, distribution agreements and any other information you need just send me an e-mail. If you have questions feel free to ask.

If I'm not wrong, you are lax to negotiate the terms of the agreement, am I?

Sign in to follow this