Sign in to follow this  

inversion of GetRenderTargetData

This topic is 3558 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

GetRenderTargetData is used to copys the render-target data from device memory to system memory. If I want to inverse the operation(from system memory to device memory), how do I do that?

Quote:
Original post by ET3D
UpdateSurface.

I use DirectX9 and try to use StrechRect to copy texture. I just try the creation of texture. So my method is very strange.

In the line 29, pSmTile->m_pShadowMapSurf and m_pShadowMapSurf are RenderTraget Texture's surface. The copy between them is all right. But in the line 30, I try to copy the Texture Loading from file to RenderTraget Texture's surface.

The function of StretchRect always return "D3DERR_INVALIDCALL -2005530516". I see the MSDN that the StretchRect can support the Destination of RT texture no matter source format.

How do I solve this problem? And then let line 30 return S_OK.
I also try UpdateSurface in line31, it still return "D3DERR_INVALIDCALL -2005530516". I think the reason the source surface is not created with D3DPOOL_SYSTEMMEM. But how do I copy the texture loading from xfile to the RenderTarget texture? That is very strange.

HRESULT hr;

ReleaseSMTexture();
//CreateSMTexture();

V_RETURN(m_pd3dDevice->CreateTexture(
SHADOW_MAP_SIZE,
SHADOW_MAP_SIZE,
D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET,
SHADOW_MAP_FORMAT,
D3DPOOL_DEFAULT,
&m_pShadowMapTex,
NULL
));

V_RETURN(m_pShadowMapTex->GetSurfaceLevel(0, &m_pShadowMapSurf));

V_RETURN(m_pd3dDevice->CreateDepthStencilSurface(
SHADOW_MAP_SIZE,
SHADOW_MAP_SIZE,
D3DFMT_D24S8,
D3DMULTISAMPLE_NONE,
TRUE,
&m_pShadowMapZ,
NULL
));

LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9 pTex;
LPDIRECT3DSURFACE9 pSourceSurface;

hr=D3DXCreateTextureFromFile( m_pd3dDevice, L"Texture.bmp", &pTex );
hr=pTex->GetSurfaceLevel(0,&pSourceSurface);

//StretchRect for Dest format=RT texture
line29=>//hr=m_pd3dDevice->StretchRect(pSmTile->m_pShadowMapSurf,NULL,m_pShadowMapSurf,NULL,D3DTEXF_LINEAR); //S_OK
line30=>//hr=m_pd3dDevice->StretchRect(pSourceSurface,NULL,m_pShadowMapSurf,NULL,D3DTEXF_LINEAR); //D3DERR_INVALIDCALL -2005530516
line31=>hr=m_pd3dDevice->UpdateSurface(pSourceSurface,NULL,m_pShadowMapSurf,NULL); //D3DERR_INVALIDCALL -2005530516

hr=D3DXSaveTextureToFile(L"t1.png",D3DXIFF_PNG ,m_pShadowMapTex,NULL);

SAFE_RELEASE(pTex);
SAFE_RELEASE(pSourceSurface);

This topic is 3558 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.