C# question

Started by
2 comments, last by ToohrVyk 16 years, 1 month ago
just wondering, i am just trying to get started here i already have some knowledge and experience with c#, as well as other programming languages i was wondering, would c# would be a good enough language to make a game like world of warcraft (and support as many players)? and also, will everyone who wants to play the game have to install the .net framework?
Advertisement
Yes, World of Warcraft would be possible with C#. There could be a small performance penalty compared to native, unmanaged code. You'll find tons of information about .NET performance on the net.

Depending on which components the application uses, it would be possible or not to run the application on other OS than windows (e.g. using Mono).
i think i am going to do with darkSDK and C++

from what i've read, C++ is more versatile and powerful than C#, and the darkSDK kit will help me get on my feet

i'm the type of guy who learns from actually seeing how things are done via source code then recreating them myself (thats how i learned html, php, css, etc)
Quote:Original post by scarhand
from what i've read, C++ is more versatile and powerful than C#, and the darkSDK kit will help me get on my feet

C# and C++ are similar in power and versatility: every exclusive feature of one language is matched by an exclusive feature of the other. As a whole, however, for most normal programs C# tends to require less code than C++ to achieve the same thing, which can be interesting.

Quote:i'm the type of guy who learns from actually seeing how things are done via source code then recreating them myself (thats how i learned html, php, css, etc)

Be careful: C++ can only be learned by reading the language standard. Otherwise, anything you think you might know about the language will actually prove false, because it's extremely counter-intuitive.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement