Sign in to follow this  

Herges Games

This topic is 3524 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My website is up for selling my games, with 1 game currently for sale, at $5 FREE. I'm having a little trouble with the video on the alien invasion page right now, but I'm working on it. I have had this game finished for a couple months, and I have just polished it here and there. I finally decided to go and sell it, so I did some research and found all the info I need, made up the HTML for the site, got my hosting/domain registration at 1&1, and found esellerate as a storefront. I got all setup in a couple days, and am now ready to get this game out to the world at an affordable price. Contact me here or at my email, written on the index page now, with feedback or critisicm (Constructive please, no U sUx0rz kind of stuff) Herges Games EDIT: The game is FREE! [Edited by - brandonman on April 17, 2008 9:16:36 PM]

hrmm $5 seems a little expensive for what I've seen in the video, maybe you'd do better releasing the game as ad supported freeware(maybe make it a flash game as well)?

Especially with no playable demo I see no reason to buy the game.

Cool! Glad I got some good feedback. It's amazing the difference in reaction I got after making it free.
Edit: Just pointing out, the background art is real images taken by NASA missions. According to their website, you can use their images, as long as they do not contain people, for whatever you want, as long as you do not imply that they endorse the product.

That's good to hear but I have some complaints about this release:

1) Where is the pause button! I can understand no save/load but no pause? You can't expect me to play through this entire game without a break

2) When you die the game still sounds to be running in the background

3) No option to restart when I die? Should be able to restart without restarting the program

Not working here.

Installed it.
Started it.
Fullscreen? -> Yes
I started reading the instructions and the game begun by its own.
Pressed exit, cause I wasnt so fast reading and didnt know how to play.
Started it again.
Fullscreen? -> Yes
"Initialitation Failed"
Started it again.
Fullscreen? -> No
"Initialitation Failed"

Mmmm...

Uninstall.

The first impression I got from the site was something like 'amateur'. Default font, javascripted buttons (so with javascript disabled or unavailable, your sites navigation fails), greyish and boring look, badly compressed banner, trailed movie with only sound working...

That may sound harsh, but if you want to make money with games, you'll have to come up with something more convincing, so I think it's better that you hear what's wrong right now. :)

Anyway, I tried the game, but that was more or less the same. Granted, it works, mostly, but it's very rough on the edges. Changing to another weapon changes the bullets in-flight, for example, and when the black-hole weapon is selected, color-keying on the bullets seems to get disabled (the gun appears not to work, too). The gameplay is pretty fast right from the start but doesn't really seem to change throughout the levels, except that enemies get more hitpoints. Bullets are hard to see against most backgrounds, making the game more frustrating than fun. The electric gun seems to be quite useless, as you're better off damaging the enemy directly.

It did work correctly here though, and you did provide the game in an installer format, but game-wise, it's just... well... I just hope you can use this feedback to build a better game next time. :)

At least you have a working prototype. I would suggest continuing development on it rather then starting a new game, gameplay can be improved with each build.

You can look at previous shumps to see whats good about them, whats not
Link to a shump competetion (with reviews)
http://shmup-dev.com/op2k72/Results.html

Congrats on completing a game first off. Not a whole lot of people do that. Especially by them selves. Second; I was kinda turned off here by having to install this game. The video was kinda boring to watch, but i did download and install the game anyways. Looked like this was made using game maker? nothing against it, just wondering.

The site itself? Not bad for having to do everything yourself. But the banner is kind of boring, with a 2D Sprite and simple text. But good luck with your game making, this certainly is the right place to start! Congrats again on the completed game!

After playing the game, and losing pretty fast by the way..lol. I was kind of bored. When I lost, and the game over screen? came on the sound kept repeating. Something wrong with he loop sound there. I believe the game play needs to be slowed down. Perhaps by slow at first, and by completing levels, you would get faster. I do like the option of full or windowed screen mode.

Sign in to follow this