[.net] C# sprites basics

Started by
6 comments, last by I Am Legend 16 years ago
I am having difficulty teaching myself the very basics of getting an image to display. In lots of tutorials, the actual code is hiddin behind a framework that isnt explained and i have no idea how the sprites are getting displayed. Could someone please point me in the direction of something that will show me how to get a sprite to display from scratch? or should i not worry bout understanding it and just go with the flow of complex frameworks? i feel like im not learning C# when i do this, im just improving my copy/paste skills. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229680.aspx is this what i am after? I cant find Microsoft.WindowsMobile namespace, should i have that? I have microsoft.directx obviously, but not microsoft.windowsmobile.directx Thanks for any help, Mick.
Advertisement
WindowsMobile namespace is only for developing on mobile platforms like cell phones or palm pc's

if your developing for the pc you want regular directx or xna but first you have to insall the sdk

so first, what are you trying to do?
I am trying to get a sprite to display on screen, and understand how i did it.
try xna, its game framework based on directx

EDIT:
directx is fine and the directx namespace should have everything you need to display a sprite but im having trouble finding a directx C# tutorial
Thanks for the reply.

So do you think i should pick a framework and work with it? rather then try to understand how its done without a framework?

I am tryin to build up to making something like pong or space invaders, but to me the first logical step is to understand how to draw a sprite. Is this a poor assumption?
your always going to be using some sort of framework or api library, it doesn't hurt to learn how things work at a lower level but if your just beginning sticking with one and doing something with it is fine

the xna page should have plenty of tutorial for how to make a simple game
Thanks mate, ill give that a try. :)
this tutorial helped me when I first started.

<a href="http://christiangameprogramming.blogspot.com/> just ignore the content that is used
Let he who will move the world first move himself--Socrates

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement