Sign in to follow this  
chrisliando

Tree Control in Visual C++ MFC

chrisliando    100
Hi, I am using Visual C++ MFC to develop an application consist of a Tree Control. The IDE I used is the Visual Studio 2008. At the beginning, there has been a text file (CSV format) named List.dat like this, so I don't create the file: GROUP,FIRST GROUP <--------Parent 1 00005,CHK,1,AAAAA <--------Child of Parent 1 00008,CHK,1,BBBBB <--------Child of Parent 1 00015,CHK,0,CCCCC <--------Child of Parent 1 00001,CHK,0,DDDDD <--------Child of Parent 1 00002,CHK,1,EEEEE <--------Child of Parent 1 00011,RAD,0,OPTION,2 <--------Child of Parent 1 0,OPTION-1 <--------Child of 00011 1,OPTION-2 <--------Child of 00011 GROUP,SECOND GROUP <--------Parent 2 00007,CHK,1,ZZZZZ <--------Child of Parent 2 NOTE: The text Parent 1, Child of Parent 1, etc is just my remark to make it clear.. So it is not part of the file. What I have to do is read the text file and display its content in a form of a Tree Control like this: This is how the application will be: <Folder Image>FIRST GROUP .....................<Checked CheckBox Image>AAAAA .....................<Checked CheckBox Image>BBBBB .....................<UNChecked CheckBox Image>CCCCC .....................<UNChecked CheckBox Image>DDDDD .....................<Checked CheckBox Image>EEEEE .....................<Folder Image>OPTION ..........................................<Checked RadioButton Image>OPTION-1 ..........................................<UNChecked RadioButton Image>OPTION-2 <Folder Image>SECOND GROUP .....................<Checked CheckBox Image>ZZZZZ [OK Button][Cancel Button] EXPLANATION: 1. Folder Image means Windows Folder symbol. FIRST GROUP, SECOND GROUP and OPTION use a Folder Image because they have a few child (they act as PARENT). 2. In front of AAAAA is a Checked CheckBox image referring to this line from List.dat: 00005,CHK,1,AAAAA CHK means CheckBox, 1 means it is CHECKED. 3. Line 00011,RAD,0,OPTION,2 means: RAD is a RadioButton 0: the checked RadioButton is the first RadioButton (which index is 0). 2: there are 2 members in a form of RadioButton 4. The code 00005, 00011 is just a code to make this easier to save the changes, but I don't know how to use them. It is not a sorted number, just random. PROBLEM: 1. How to read the text file so that I can display all its content in a good and correct order? 2. How to display the Tree node as CheckBox, Radio Button and Folder? 3. If I Check / Uncheck the CheckBox AND/OR the RadioButton during the application ran, when I click OK, the application will exit, save the changes and updating List.dat. If I click Cancel, the application will exit and all the changes made will NOT be saved and the file remains like the original... e.g: The original content: 00005,CHK,1,AAAAA after I change it in the application will be: 00005, CHK, 0, AAAAA How to change the content of the text file? Any help will be appreciated.. Thank you very much..