Sign in to follow this  
Farraj

Function pointer as a class method?

OK, I got a question. Is there a way to 'access' a class's methods or members (public or private) inside a global function so if I to use that as a function pointer in that class it would work?? Example: //////////////////// // The class class Foo { public: void Boo(); void (*Do)(*void); // this is the target to be tested }; // function to be pointer void Do(void) { this->Boo(); } // put them all together Foo foo = new Foo(); foo->Do = Do; foo->Do(); //////////////////// I know this doesn't work. The global function is not allowed to access the Foo's methods. Is there anyway I can go around this?? Using the class as an argument in the global function would work, but I would really rather not do that. Especially that I want to access the private members too. Hope it's clear. And thanks.

Quote:
Original post by Farraj
Is there anyway I can go around this?? Using the class as an argument in the global function would work, but I would really rather not do that. Especially that I want to access the private members too.

this is meaningless outside of a class definition, so no. You're going to need to find some other solution.