Homebrewgames!..

Started by
7 comments, last by Oluseyi 16 years ago
Homebrewgames is now open! Follow this link: http://www.homebrewgames.co.uk/ ..to access the forums! Hopefully you'll come register, and perhaps even contribute something!.. :D Thanks for your time, Alex
Advertisement
Very good site, i'm looking forward to its progression.
So your site is a forum?

Okay.
Why join this site when GDNet covers everything on it and has an existing community?
Ra
Quote:Original post by crofty256
Very good site, i'm looking forward to its progression.

You register just to bump a 4 day old topic complimenting an empty forum? You make a most convincing impression of a Shill, good sir!
Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
So your site is a forum?

Okay.

Everyone starts somewhere.. I'm planning to begin with just a forum, then later on expand upon the site so it also contains a homepage, etc.. there is no point in currently having these things if there is no content to fill them..

Quote:Original post by Ra
Why join this site when GDNet covers everything on it and has an existing community?

"homebrewgames" is the name of our team. Along with us came the website. If people support us, then they have a place to support us. If there is any programmer types that don't like this site for whatever reason, then there is always our forum. Same goes for artists, or people that just want to talk.

Quote:Original post by MaulingMonkey
You register just to bump a 4 day old topic complimenting an empty forum? You make a most convincing impression of a Shill, good sir!

I told him of my site as I know him, I didn't tell him I had advertised it here though. Anyway I just asked him now how he found this topic, and he said he normally browses these forums, saw the topic, and so decided to register so he could support me. Nice guy =)
Quote:Original post by Alex_hbg
Everyone starts somewhere.. I'm planning to begin with just a forum, then later on expand upon the site so it also contains a homepage, etc.. there is no point in currently having these things if there is no content to fill them...

This is true, but most people don't really want to post in a forum that has only 1 topic so far. Splitting your few early posts across forums creates an excess of structure when your volume doesn't indicate you need it - yet.

Start out with just one discussion area, where people can start and join conversations, and cultivate your audience. Something like Vanilla might be a better option than phpBB in the early stages (and you might discover that you never really need a phpBB, as your community is centered around your team and products, not community-sourced activities). With a blog to tell your community what you're up to, with its comments tied into vanilla rather than its own comment system, you'll have a much more useful and powerful means of cultivating an audience.

Good luck! [smile]
Perhaps, but I have seen (and been part of) sites that have started up in exactly the same way, and they've all ended up very well indeed.

For now I'll just stick with my PHPBB board, and see what happens.. I've done too many custom code modifications to go back on it all now!..
Quote:Original post by Alex_hbg
Perhaps, but I have seen (and been part of) sites that have started up in exactly the same way, and they've all ended up very well indeed.

For now I'll just stick with my PHPBB board, and see what happens.. I've done too many custom code modifications to go back on it all now!..

Heh. No worries. Consider adding an "about us" blurb to the top of the page, though.

Best of luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement