Sign in to follow this  
EJStudios

Help me please

EJStudios    100
I want to start of creating a POOL game 2d/3d and could u please tell me what program i need to use and how i can start it off or even the code i could start off with

jyk    2094
Quote:
Original post by EJStudios
I want to start of creating a POOL game 2d/3d and could u please tell me what program i need to use and how i can start it off or even the code i could start off with
Cross posts generally get locked here on GDNet; it looks like no one has responded to your post in General Programming yet, so maybe you could still delete that one, leaving this as your only post. (Still, you'd probably get a better response in For Beginners - maybe a mod will move this for you.)

Also, what's 'EJStudios'? Can you provide a link?

Funkymunky    1413
hey EJ. first off what level of education do you have? have you taken any classes in programming? trig?

there are many "game maker" programs (try searching Google for that) that you might use to create your game. Or, you could learn a programming language like Visual Basic, or C. Even a relatively simple simulation like pool can still be a complicated project.

Do you know that you compile your source code (in a language, like VB or C) into object code (link), then link that into a standalone executable, which is the application you give your end-user?

*edit* ha I bumped the other thread, then decided to leave all the replies in this one.

Crisium    100
Quote:
Original post by EJStudios

Hi,

just jumping into it isn't that easy. You also have to give more details like which platforms would you like it to run on PC, Mac, Linux, Web, Mobil or other?

Do you know a certain language? or are you expecting a game-maker program to help you build this pool game?

Do you know the fundamental physics laws? (good old Newton)

Is it a network game where you play with others? or against a computer AI?

basicall more info please.

kind regards,
Peter Wraae Marino