Sign in to follow this  
protika

STL under VC++ 2008

protika    122
I recently started looking into the stl and I cant seem to get a project using vectors to compile under visual c++ 2008 EE. Im trying to get this to compile: #include<stdlib.h> #include <vector> int main() { std::vector<int> ayshay; return 0; } The IDE recognizes std:: giving me a drop down box. I suspect there is some library or header path I need to set in the linker options but I cant seem to figure out what it is. The error it spits out when I try to compile the above is: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals I have a feeling the solution is simple but I've looked around and just cant seem to figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

SiCrane    11839
You created a windows project and not a console project. Either recreate your project as a console project or go to your linker settings and change the subsystem from windows to console.

protika    122
Thanks for the super speedy reply SiCrane, it works like a charm now. I knew it would turn out to be a silly mistake :)

edit:

Almost like a charm unfortunately; changing the project to console lets me compile the original code but adding a

ayshay.push_back(19);

gives me:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___CrtDbgReportW referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::_Vector_const_iterator<int,class std::allocator<int> >::_Vector_const_iterator<int,class std::allocator<int> >(int *,class std::_Container_base_secure const *)" (??0?$_Vector_const_iterator@HV?$allocator@H@std@@@std@@QAE@PAHPBV_Container_base_secure@1@@Z)

fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals