Sign in to follow this  

Hack Wars Beta

This topic is 3550 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, Ben here, just recently joined your forums so greetings! I'm a master's student in computer-science, and in my spare time have been developing Hack Wars an online Hacking MMORPG. We're currently in an open-beta phase, and are tirelessly trying to recruit new players. I thought this might be a good place to post about my project. Hack Wars is unique in that it targets the technically savvy gamer, with its in-game programming, web-design, and other nifty features. We've had great responses from other developer communities so hopefully I can recruit a few testers here. Website: http://www.hackwars.net Sceenshot: Notable features:
  • In game programming language.
  • Battle other computers in a complete PvP environment.
  • Setup AI/Scripts to defend your account (and gain XP) while offline.
  • Create a website in the fully functional in-game virtual Internet.
  • Collect powerful Hardware for your computer off NPCs.
Article Reflecting on the Process of Building an Independent MMO http://www.hackwars.net/200803/hack-wars-unveils-new-site

Wow, sounds like an awesome game, I'm checking it out right now. It reminds me of a game I played a long time ago, called SlaveHack, which I don't think exists anymore, except this sounds a lot more in-depth.

Quote:
Original post by Karan Bhangui
So YOU'RE the one who bought hackwars.net! Game looks more awesome than what we were developing anyways :D

Edit: Sweet, you're a fellow Torontonian. What university are you at now?

I'm doing my master's at the university of guelph ;).

Quote:
Original post by bcoe
Quote:
Original post by Karan Bhangui
So YOU'RE the one who bought hackwars.net! Game looks more awesome than what we were developing anyways :D

That's great! My physics teacher got a joint PhD from Guelph and Waterloo. I'm trying to get into Waterloo for EE next year.

Quote:

That's great! My physics teacher got a joint PhD from Guelph and Waterloo. I'm trying to get into Waterloo for EE next year.

We have a lot of professors from Waterloo at Guelph... And I have a few friends who go to Waterloo, it's a great school -- good luck with that ;)

Sign in to follow this