• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bcoe

Hack Wars Beta

This topic is 3762 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, Ben here, just recently joined your forums so greetings! I'm a master's student in computer-science, and in my spare time have been developing Hack Wars an online Hacking MMORPG. We're currently in an open-beta phase, and are tirelessly trying to recruit new players. I thought this might be a good place to post about my project. Hack Wars is unique in that it targets the technically savvy gamer, with its in-game programming, web-design, and other nifty features. We've had great responses from other developer communities so hopefully I can recruit a few testers here. Website: http://www.hackwars.net Sceenshot: Notable features:
  • In game programming language.
  • Battle other computers in a complete PvP environment.
  • Setup AI/Scripts to defend your account (and gain XP) while offline.
  • Create a website in the fully functional in-game virtual Internet.
  • Collect powerful Hardware for your computer off NPCs.
Article Reflecting on the Process of Building an Independent MMO http://www.hackwars.net/200803/hack-wars-unveils-new-site

Advertisement
Wow, sounds like an awesome game, I'm checking it out right now. It reminds me of a game I played a long time ago, called SlaveHack, which I don't think exists anymore, except this sounds a lot more in-depth.

So YOU'RE the one who bought hackwars.net! Game looks more awesome than what we were developing anyways :D

Edit: Sweet, you're a fellow Torontonian. What university are you at now?

Quote:
Original post by Karan Bhangui
So YOU'RE the one who bought hackwars.net! Game looks more awesome than what we were developing anyways :D

I'm doing my master's at the university of guelph ;).

Quote:
Original post by bcoe
Quote:
Original post by Karan Bhangui

That's great! My physics teacher got a joint PhD from Guelph and Waterloo. I'm trying to get into Waterloo for EE next year.

Quote:

That's great! My physics teacher got a joint PhD from Guelph and Waterloo. I'm trying to get into Waterloo for EE next year.

We have a lot of professors from Waterloo at Guelph... And I have a few friends who go to Waterloo, it's a great school -- good luck with that ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!