Sign in to follow this  
Eronakis

TES Construction Set

Eronakis    122
Has anyone used this before? I just wasted 12 hours of my time with these tutorials. I cant find anything at all that I would like to do. It seems this is what I am finally looking for. What I want to do is create my own world. I dont want to change anything in Oblivion at all. I just want to make my own terrain and place objects where I desire to make a fitting area. But for some reason, I cant find a tutorial that will help me with this. All I can figure out is to edit the existing models. Oh and by the way when I load up an exterior and I de-reselect it, it goes away and I cant find it again. Its quiet annoying. Is this program only to edit existing exteriors? I would like to make my own if I can? If anyone can point me in the right direction please do so because for some reason I cant get help anywhere =(

jpetrie    13102
The official Elder Scrolls forums have a modding section that you should peruse. As I recall, TES alone isn't enough to build a new world from line zero -- it's not a terrain or model editor, certainly, so you'll need other tools for that, at least.

Eronakis    122
Quote:
Original post by jpetrie
The official Elder Scrolls forums have a modding section that you should peruse. As I recall, TES alone isn't enough to build a new world from line zero -- it's not a terrain or model editor, certainly, so you'll need other tools for that, at least.

Do you know where I can find a editor to make my own mini 3d world? I am looking for mmorpg/rpg type of levels id like to create. I want to practice so i can have something for a portfolio..

jpetrie    13102
Sure, plenty (XSI, Max, Maya, Hammer, et cetera). You'll want to see what other modders have used, though -- check out the official forums. Otherwise you will have a hell of a time getting your 3D world into the Oblivion runtime. Pick the wrong tool, for example, and it might very well be entirely impractical.

Eronakis    122
Quote:
Original post by jpetrie
Sure, plenty (XSI, Max, Maya, Hammer, et cetera). You'll want to see what other modders have used, though -- check out the official forums. Otherwise you will have a hell of a time getting your 3D world into the Oblivion runtime. Pick the wrong tool, for example, and it might very well be entirely impractical.

I know how to use 3dsmax some what. I am familiar with it. I dont know If i want to run it in oblivion. The thing is, I am very horrible at programming and modeling. I think at least I could model terrain. I want to be the person to make the scene. If that makes sense.