Sign in to follow this  
fawrh

.fx files

I am attempting to learn the HLSL and have managed to get through the direct-X tutorials, however good they are as far as the basics go. The issue that I am haveing is that the things that I want to write shaders for are not as simple. What I am wondering is this: Are there any .fx file repositories on the net that would have some examples of more in-depth shaders that I could look at? If anyone is curious, the shaders that I want to write are a hand-drawn (picture Okami-esqe) water color shader, and a day to night (and back) shader. If any one has any hints on how these effects could be accomplished it would help too. I have already written a couple of shaders for things like bump-mapping and some terrain effects, so I understand the basics of the way shaders work, its just getting them to do more advanced things that are leaveing me stuck.

A good place to look would be developer.nvidia.com as well as AMD/ATI's developer site.

Also, loads of examples come with FX Composer and RenderMonkey so it'd be a good idea to get those too [smile]

Regards,
ViLiO

The DirectX SDK samples also have some specific effects that are implemented through shaders (eg. Post Processing sample) that you cant take a look at.