Sign in to follow this  

eclipse cdt and qt and opengl question

This topic is 3553 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I have recently installed linux (ubuntu) on my computer, i used to program in vb.net but i require now to go the c++ route. Within linux i have chosen to run ecplise c++ development IDE as my way of developing desktop applications and more if possible. basically i`m wanting to know if i am able to write software using this setup that will allow to me create applications for linux windows and mac as i intend my software to be free and reach as many as possible. I'm also looking into integrating QT into eclipse for a faster development enviroment with c++...is this recommended? I require to have a good popular 3d engine that my software will use that will allow my software to run on mac, linux and windows , will i be able to do this with opengl and the setup i have mentioned above? Any pointers wil be appreciated. Thank you Anthony

I'm actualy using eclipse to develop my game, but I program in Java.

I don't know if there is any enine multiplatform, but I'll use SDL, not an engine, but it will bring you a platform-independent API to sound, grafic, input, multithreating...

This topic is 3553 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.