eclipse cdt and qt and opengl question

Started by
1 comment, last by Atridas 16 years, 1 month ago
Hi all, I have recently installed linux (ubuntu) on my computer, i used to program in vb.net but i require now to go the c++ route. Within linux i have chosen to run ecplise c++ development IDE as my way of developing desktop applications and more if possible. basically i`m wanting to know if i am able to write software using this setup that will allow to me create applications for linux windows and mac as i intend my software to be free and reach as many as possible. I'm also looking into integrating QT into eclipse for a faster development enviroment with c++...is this recommended? I require to have a good popular 3d engine that my software will use that will allow my software to run on mac, linux and windows , will i be able to do this with opengl and the setup i have mentioned above? Any pointers wil be appreciated. Thank you Anthony
Advertisement
i have to bump this, no replies yet
I'm actualy using eclipse to develop my game, but I program in Java.

I don't know if there is any enine multiplatform, but I'll use SDL, not an engine, but it will bring you a platform-independent API to sound, grafic, input, multithreating...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement