Uneditable Include Statement! Help!

Started by
5 comments, last by InsidiousGnomes 16 years, 1 month ago
Hi. I'm trying to do some work on an old project that I made around 2003 using directx 9. However when I compile I get the following errors: dsutil.cpp c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\dx90sdk\samples\c++\common\dsutil.cpp': No such file or directory d3dfont.cpp c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\dx90sdk\samples\c++\common\d3dfont.cpp': No such file or directory The include statement isn't in dsutil.h as far as I can tell. I don't know where it's getting dx90sdk because all the directories in the VC++ Directories settings were set to c:\dxsdk\... same with the Project Property Pages. However in hopes of fixing the problem I renamed my dxsdk directory to dx90sdk but still it can't find the file. So now all my lib/src/include directories are pointed to c:\dx90sdk (with the appropriate sub directories). I have no idea c1xx is or where to find it. Note that this problem only happens when I try to build a release version. Debug version runs but has problems that weren't there when I made a build back when I was working on it in 2003. Does anyone know what might be going on here?
Advertisement
If you are using a later version of the DX SDK since you wrote that project, then those files will no longer be available.

These were files from quite an old version of the DirectX framework.
For the love of god, please tell me that you've just omitted your error checking code for brevity, and you don't really assume that all those functions succeed.
I downloaded the directx 9.0 sdk today. Just to make it work with my project. Note that I also have 2 other versions of directx sdks installed. Could that be the problem? I don't see why it shouldn't work if I'm using the older version of the directx sdk.
I have determined that c1xx is a dll file that resides in a couple places under the visual studio directory. I dunno if that helps or not.
Here's my Project Properties -> c/c++ -> command line

/O2 /I "C:\DX90SDK\Samples\C++\Common\Include" /I "C:\DX90SDK\Include" /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "NDEBUG" /FD /EHsc /MT /GS /Zc:wchar_t /Fo"Release/" /Fd"Release/vc70.pdb" /W4 /nologo /c /Zi /TP
Quote:Original post by InsidiousGnomes
Here's my Project Properties -> c/c++ -> command line

/O2 /I "C:\DX90SDK\Samples\C++\Common\Include" /I "C:\DX90SDK\Include" /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "NDEBUG" /FD /EHsc /MT /GS /Zc:wchar_t /Fo"Release/" /Fd"Release/vc70.pdb" /W4 /nologo /c /Zi /TP

Looks ok if you still have the old sdk in the path specified. For the include files that is. But your original errors reported missing .cpp files.

Quote:dsutil.cpp
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\dx90sdk\samples\c++\common\dsutil.cpp': No such file or directory
d3dfont.cpp
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\dx90sdk\samples\c++\common\d3dfont.cpp': No such file or directory

are those files located where they should be?
For the love of god, please tell me that you've just omitted your error checking code for brevity, and you don't really assume that all those functions succeed.
The files are in C:\DX90SDK\Samples\C++\Common\Src which is not where the error is looking for them. However, I don't really have a way of changing that include statement to point them to the right place, so I moved the cpp files from C:\DX90SDK\Samples\C++\Common\Src to C:\DX90SDK\Samples\C++\Common and that didn't fix it either. So I tried doing the same thing on D:\ and that fixed it. It works now, but I still I don't really want that include statement to force me to put the files there. Do you know how to change the directory it's pointing at?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement