HEMO - Homicidal Emo

Started by
3 comments, last by MadsGustaf 16 years ago
This is my first ever (published) game :). A bunch of emos are trying to kill themselves. Don't let them get to the other side! Control Amor with the mouse to shoot sad emos with love filled arrows. Try to keep them off the boundaries for as long as possible. This game uses: SDL,SDL_image,SDL_mixer,SDL_ttf,OpenGL and Box2d. Click me My personal record is 210seconds. I would really appreciate ANY feedback :D.
•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•..•°*”˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•..•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•. Mads .•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•..•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜ ˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•..•°*”˜I am going to live forever... or die trying!
Advertisement
hahha now that's funny
________________________________Dev Blog - http://www.illogictree.com
Ok I found A few problems.
First is that in full screen mode it is not really full screen since there is a bar along the top this shows the windows behind it.
Second I could not aim the mouse up high enough to hit the characters near the top of the screen.
Third my angel guy keeps going over the edge of the screen so I can no longer see him.
There are a few other problems with the windows position in relation to my screen, one of which is the full screen problem. Out of fullscreen mode the window is too far over to the right and dpwn so part of the screen is missing (specifically the lives) and there is a gap where I can see the desktop to the right. It would be nice if the game could be played in windowed mode, so you can move it around

I only played it for about 10 seconds each time because after that I could no long see what was going or hit the guys at the top of the screen on so I quit.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that I was playing on Windows XP with a resolution of 1280*1024
Haha that's a really funny game. I had problems though...

When I tried to play fullscreen, I could only see about half the screen. There was a huge black bar across the top and then the screen started and it ran off the bottom of the screen.

Then in non full screen, there wasn't a window and it ran off the right side of the screen...

It would also be nice if the game didn't exit after losing.

Shouldn't it be called SEMO (Suicidal Emo?)? HEMO works, it just makes me think they're going to kill other people instead of themselves though.

However, I like the concept, nice work!

Oh, and when you move the angel, could you adjust it so he doesn't shoot past the target point and back and forth and back and forth?

Good job though! Just work on those bugs.

I'm running Windows Vista, fyi.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Yes. i apologize for the crazy resolution (1280x720), it was designed as a wide screen game on my laptop (which has a much greater resolution).

All points taken :). Unfortunately, i am not going to work on this game anymore as it was done in 4 days for the experimental gameplay project. But i will keep all of your points in mind for future projects :).
•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•..•°*”˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•..•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•. Mads .•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•..•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜ ˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•..•°*”˜I am going to live forever... or die trying!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement