• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[web] how do you add text on top of an image in dreamweaver

This topic is 3584 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need help with making my webpage, So far i made a layout with photoshop then i brung the source that photoshop created into dreamweaver and of course its just pictures... now how do i add a textbox of some sort on top of it? and move it anywhere i want, so that way later on i can edit my html whenever i want. Please answer! Side Question: How do i make a link go throught without going to another html page. (ex. I click on a link on the homepage, and underneath the tab bar, the words transition.) I think its flash or CSS idk wich one

Advertisement
I think you should not use dreamweaver at all. Whip out notepad and learn proper html/css instead of having a program do it for you. Otherwise, you will end up with a silly sliced site.

I have to agree with Karan Bhangui on this one. Don't let a program do what a person should be doing. Using Dreamweaver will probably result in your site working on one browser (Internet Explorer) and you won't know how to fix it for the rest of the world's population.

Also, please don't build the site in flash. It's just not a good idea.

It is possible that you could dynamically load content for each "page" or content item using javascript. However, if the user doesn't have javascript (or has it turned off) how will the person read anything on your site?

They won't be able to.

I recommend building the pages separately. People are used to that experience on the web. You click a link: it takes you somewhere else. Don't try to reinvent that.

An easy place to begin is here: HTML Dog Tutorials. They're easy to follow.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement