• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
godmodder

Texture arrays and seams

This topic is 3758 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I'm rendering a set of quads with the same texture on them which I fetch from a large texture array. I know the textures in the array are supposed to be seamless, but I still get seams around the borders of the quads. I think this is because of the filtering that samples values from other textures in the array with the current texture. How can I fix this? Jeroen

Advertisement
I was working on something similar recently, I haven't finished it but am intending to have another go at some point... Have a look at these two posts I made:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=478663
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=478800

Also download the texture atlas tools from the NVidia website - it contains a demo showing the effect of the different texture filtering methods.

It is filtering, you can't use high quality filtering unless you are going to paint up your textures in the atlas ahead of time so the sampling doesn't bleed into each other. I would just use Linear first and see if that fixes your issues. This is the main reason I moved to texture arrays extension on the GF8 series, which will allow you to use high quality filtering without that headache!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!