• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

DirectMusic

This topic is 3702 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using DirectMusic for some sound. I know how to change the master volume using LPDirectMusicPerformance8, but how can you change the volume of a LPDirectMusicSegment8? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
<random advice without checking documentation or anything>
I seem to recall there's a way to get the IDirectSoundBuffer8 interface that's used by a segment (If there's not an actual function, try QueryInterface), and you can adjust the volume on that. Then again, I could be making stuff up. I've used DirectMusic for a total of 2 hours...
</random advice without checking documentation or anything>

DirectSound is pretty easy to implement and you have greater control over your audio, including 3D sound (if you need that sort of thing).

Besides, DirectMusic has become depreciated and as far as I know is not supported on Vista. Although, my old DirectMusic code seems to run happily.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!