• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Fira

Simple Game Maker help please, thank you- Jason from UTAH

This topic is 3852 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have unregistered version Game Maker 6.1 A Beta Instead of Object0 collision with Object1 in Object0's event here is what I am doing or trying to do anyways :) CTRL Right click mouse in room on an object and then click on Creation Code vspeed> 0 && y < other.y+8 x = 40; y = 40; room_exists(next) room_goto_next hspeed> 0 && y < other.y+8 x = 31; y = 31; room_exists(previous) room_goto_previous Thank you so much- Jason from UTAH, North United States of America

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Fira
I have unregistered version Game Maker 6.1 A Beta

Registration confers many benefits. One of which is the ability to ask the folks who wrote the Game Maker program in the first place.

Quote:

Thank you so much- Jason from UTAH, North United States of America

What? I was under the impression the Confederates lost. Did they win on appeal?

Quote:
Original post by Fira
... UTAH ...

Green jello, casseroles, and fry sauce! ^^

Anyways,

I'm not sure what you're asking... I'm not familiar with Game Maker, but I've helped my brother work with it a lot. What you want to do is either: 1) Place collision handling on the game's on_step (or on_begin_frame or etc), but I'm not sure if you can iterate through objects.

In my opinion, I've never liked Game Maker -- too restricting :)

Do not worry I can recitify up above problem and thank you all for helping me out :)

Here is another help I need please, thank you

Ok

Object0 is Pac Man

Object1 is WALL

If Pac Man is on top of wall (Pac Man collision with wall) I use " GM060.gif vspeed> 0 && y < other.y+8 GM015.gif Direction: 270 Maximum 12 Against: Solid Objects and i set vspeed to 0"

GM064.gif

vk_left
hspeed=-4;
else
vk_right
hspeed=4;
else
hspeed=0;

Coding is up above.

I want to make it to where you touch WALL on top in the " " happens otherwise if left (vk) is being pressed hspeed=-4 otherwise if vk_left is release Pac Man's hspeed is 0

same with right (vk) except change hspeed=-4 to hspeed=4 when right is being held otherwise hspeed for Pac Man is 0.

Do not worry I can recitify up above problem and thank you all for helping me out :)

Here is another help I need please, thank you

Ok

Object0 is Pac Man

Object1 is WALL

If Pac Man is on top of wall (Pac Man collision with wall) I use " Is expression is true vspeed> 0 && y < other.y+8 Move to contact Direction: 270 Maximum 12 Against: Solid Objects and i set vspeed to 0"

GM064.gif

vk_left
hspeed=-4;
else
vk_right
hspeed=4;
else
hspeed=0;

Coding is up above.

I want to make it to where you touch WALL on top in the " " happens otherwise if left (vk) is being pressed hspeed=-4 otherwise if vk_left is release Pac Man's hspeed is 0

same with right (vk) except change hspeed=-4 to hspeed=4 when right is being held otherwise hspeed for Pac Man is 0.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!