• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

In search of intermediate/advanced C++ books.

This topic is 3670 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm looking for intermediate/advanced Cpp books. First i need a book that covers templates, exceptions, intermediate/advanced memory management, STL, and so on... i was looking trough amazon, and found that C++ Primer(4th edition) might be a good choice. Later i will need a "Data Structures and Algorithms" Cpp book, but this one i still have no ideia which are the best out there. I'm planing on buying those two books at the same time, because i live in Portugal and it takes a while to these things get here :) So, i kindly ask for your opinions and recommendations for books that cover these topics... Thank you

Advertisement
the Wrox - Professional C++ I feel is very good, and covers data structures and algorithms

If you are planning on getting one of the C++ Primer books, you should look at the 5th edition. I purchased it and it is very informative, and the author makes sense when he explains something.

Good intermediate level books include "C++ Common Knowledge" and "C++ Gotchas" by Dewhurst; "Effective C++", "More Effective C++" and "Effective STL" by Meyers and "Exceptional C++", "More Exceptional C++" and "C++ Coding Standards" by Sutter (the last with Alexandrescu).

There is also a very good book on memory management called "Memory Management - Algorithms And Implementation In C-C++" is advanced but the best in that field i've seen

Quote:
Original post by SiCrane
..."Effective C++", "More Effective C++" and "Effective STL" by Meyers...

+1 for Meyers' books.
They're easy to read, with logical explanations that greatly improved my C++ practices/techniques.

Have a look at the following two websites:
http://www.techbooksforfree.com/ccpp.shtml
http://www.freetechbooks.com/

You may be able to find what you need there.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement