What books are available for info on SDL?

Started by
3 comments, last by daviangel 16 years ago
I have read Focus on SDL and Game Programming in C++ Start to Finish. Also the tutorials at Lazy Foo are great. However, I would love to find more books on SDL especially ones related to using SDL_NET and communicating over a network. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Advertisement
SDL_Net is just a wrapper over BSD sockets, so if you read a book on BSD sockets you'll indirectly get information on how to use SDL_net
Moving to general programming for more exposure (Cone3d is horribly dead, y'know!)
Thanks for the information eedok, I will do some searches for books that reference BSD sockets. Also, thanks for moving the topic downgraded, I'm new to the site and wasn't sure where to post this question.
Quote:Original post by tharblast
I have read Focus on SDL and Game Programming in C++ Start to Finish. Also the tutorials at Lazy Foo are great. However, I would love to find more books on SDL especially ones related to using SDL_NET and communicating over a network.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I have both them books too and I thought they at least mentioned SDL_NET but looking at them now I see they don't cover it.
Well I have 2 other books that do though:
Programming Linux Games
Linux game programming

[Edited by - daviangel on April 1, 2008 9:10:57 PM]
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement