• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Soth

Camera feedback

This topic is 3879 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, right now i`m trying to implement 3d person shooter camera feedback when the player is firing his weapon. What i want to get as a result is something like it was done in Gears of War when you are shooting from a machine gun (weapon 1). My current approach is to modify camera angles(roll,pitch,yaw) in the following way: angle=Ampl*sin(freq*time) I`ve tried to modify the angles in different combinations (only roll, roll+pitch, r+p+y), tried out many frequencies and amplitudes(and even tried to vary them with time or to randomize them), the camera is shaking but the effect is not as good as in GoW. So maybe someone can point out how is it done in GoW (or may be you know how it can be done even better), how the camera moves there?

Advertisement
I think often the camera is just translated rather than rotate. It's less disorienting.

p.s. if you want to know disorientation. Play Command of Conquer on 360 and touch the right stick.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!