• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
b1gjo3

DrawSpritesBuffered

This topic is 3912 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello, i have created a user-defined structure named Sprite, and in it it has a D3DX10_SPRITE object. I have an array of Sprites. DrawSpritesBuffered's first parameter calls for a pointer to all the Sprites D3DX10_SPRITE objects. How would i satisfy the first parameter of DrawSpritesBuffered without passing it a pointer that only points to the first D3DX10_SPRITE object in my array of Sprites?

Advertisement
Arrays are required to be contiguous blocks of memory. Since DirectX expects an array for that parameter, you'll need to use something like std::vector to collect all your D3DX10_SPRITE objects into one place before submitting it to DrawSpritesBuffered().

which one has the greatest performance? DrawSpritesBuffered or DrawSpritesImmediate. or does it matter?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!