• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

How to create a 3D room outline in MFCAppwizard(vc++ 6.0)

This topic is 3702 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all, I have some knowledge on MFC(vc++ 6.0) and I want to create a 3d room outline in MFC Appwizard(vc++ 6.0),can any one tell me steps to follow. And where I can found these API' for 3d image creation.

Advertisement
nobody is venturing on answering.. I'l try :)

there's no magical wand on visual c++ to a quake 4 wizard. If you really want to start programming, you should start by aiming lower, and when I say lower, I mean really LOWER. Find yourself into some specific problem, and we'll be here to help.

I agree, before start to fly you must learn how to walk. I think you should:

1) Refresh your knowledge of math: especially trigonometry, geometry and linear algebra.
2) Improve you knowledge of C++ language.
3) Be sure to have a good knowledge of algorithms and data Structures theory an practice.
4) Read a good book about general 3D graphics.
5) Read a good beginner-level book about OpenGL or Direct3D depending on the API you wish to use. (for OpenGL I can suggest OpenGL SuperBible 4th edition).
5) Write TONS, repeat TONS of experimental program (with increasing difficult) in order to master the API you have chosen. The first exercise you should write is how to setup the environment for rendering with it (I can guarantee that this is not an easy task the first time you do it).
6) If you have a problem:
a) Post questions on forums.
b) Try search on the WEB for tutorials and examples.

Once you are familiar with all the above stuffs you can start with serious things.
About where to find 3D API, OpenGL is already on your PC as a DLL in WINDIR/SYSTEM32 folder (opengl32.dll), while You can download the DirectX SDK from the Microsoft website.

I hope I have not scared you ;-)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!