• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

D3DVector type as a Class member

This topic is 3612 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using DirectX 8.1 and VB6 '------------------------------------ The problem: ============ When I create a new class, e.g. "Sphere.cls", the following error message shows up: "User-defined types and fixed-length strings not allowed as the type of a Public member of an object module; Private object modules not allowed as the type of a public member of a public object modules" Here is an example, from my Sphere class: '-------------------------------------------- Private m_vecCtr As D3DVECTOR Public Property Get vecCtr() As D3DVECTOR vecCtr = m_vecCtr End Property '----------------------------------------- How can I avoid this problem?

Advertisement
To be honest I havn't got a clue when it comes to basic, I'm a curly brace man, but it looks to me like you've hit some limitation in the language because "User-defined types and fixed length strings" are nice things to be able to pass around. However looking at it now the message is becoming more and more confusing, compiler/interpretter (or whatever basic has) messages usually do this. Maybe you should try using C++ or C# as many more people know these and you will likely find some better help.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement