Direct3D error with C&C related programs! Plz help

Started by
4 comments, last by jpetrie 16 years ago
I have tried everything to fix this problem but no luck. Everytime I start Command and Conquer Generals, Generals Zero Hour, Tiberium Wars, and even the world builders I get an error that says: GAME CRASH Direct3D error 0x0x8876086a (D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE) 236 errors listed ——–and after this point it lists all the errors but it wouldnt let me copy and paste, not even highlight. It crashes with this same problem after I just simply open the worldbuilder. But I can play the actual game for a few minutes or so and *sometimes* finish a game without it crashing. Its about an 80% chance it crashes each game and its always when im winning T.T Ive already tried that 'Run dxdiag' thing or whatever it was and all the tests passed with no problems, I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it again, scanned for viruses, spyware, and defragged my computer, i have above the minimal requirements for the game, a compatible video card, sound card, ect., and I even downloaded the lastest DirectX package from Microsoft's website…NOTHING WORKED!!! Please someone help me! This is my all-time favorite game and these errors are ssoooooooooooooooooooo frustrating >:(
Advertisement
You should ask on the official forums instead of here. The only thing we could have better answer than them is with a call stack for high technical details (for which you could take a screenshot of the error message), but on well known commercial games like this it's probably been resolved 1000 times already.

Still you should download the latest video drivers for your card and install them. (nvidia.com or ati.com). Also, make sure you don't play with a cracked version..

Also the first thing you should have done : http://www.google.com/search?q=D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE+c%26c
Well, you're really in the wrong forum to ask this kind of question. We're pretty much all just programmers who use DirectX. The only thing we can really tell you is the game is requesting a feature from your video card that the card does not support (this happens a lot with older games that expect something to be supported [because they were at the time] but have fallen out of the grace of newer video cards), so it's giving you a rather nasty message about it.

Your best bet like the poster above me said is post on the official forums about it and they might be able to clear things up.
i think i mentioned it above but i already downloaded the lastest nvidia driver and it isnt a cracked version either...it still isnt working and i already posted it in the official forum but i never get any good replies because its always stuff i already tried. i also tried searching google but the only error code like mine is in another language and the ones similar to mine dont have any helpful responses either :(
oh and thanks for the advice and trying to help :)
Closed. As other have pointed out, we're not technical support and you should query the official forums for the games involved.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement