any good tutorial you know of?

Started by
4 comments, last by TwistedPix 16 years ago
hello ppl, i was wondering if anyone could point me towards some direct3d tutorials? i have some basic c++ knowledge and i have worked with VB, php and actionscript so im fairly familiar with c style programming. anyway, what im trying to do right now is load a 3dmax model, i already know how to load a directx app in fullscreen so what im trying to do next is load something to my pretty blue screen. i havent found any vs2005 tutorials so far so i was wondering if anyone knew of some good tutorials and/or examples?
Advertisement
http://www.directxtutorial.com/

Also, google it.
I second that site, and also add the book "Programming Role Playing Games With DirectX, 2nd Edition" it is a VERY good book for beginners. and its fairly cheap as well
--------------------------------------Not All Martyrs See Divinity, But At Least You Tried
thanks! i kinda have a vendetta against c++ books, for every book on c++ i have tried had obscure errors i could never figure out, but i guess i should give it a try.
Frequently, those errors are caused by mis-setup IDEs and compilers. Do you already have a book(s)? If so, post the errors that you're getting, rather than just getting a new book.
3DS Loading tutorial
[Blog]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement