• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Textures

This topic is 3696 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I have a problem I can not get around. I am trying to use textures. Something like: glPushMatrix(); IQ3D::setColor( 0.6, 0.4, 0.1, 1.0); IQ3D::setShininess( 90.0); IQ3D::setSpecular( 0.2, 0.2, 0.2,1.0); int texID1 = _texManager.loadTexture("media/metal036.bmp"); IQ3D::bindTexture(texID1, 0); glTranslatef(2.5,1.5,0.5); glRotatef(45,0,0,1); //IQ3D::drawCube(0.5, 0.5, 0.5); //glutSolidTeapot(0.5); glutSolidCube(0.5); glPopMatrix(); When I render this. The texture only works if I use the teapot but not with any other object. Any idea why this could be? (note: the IQ3D functions work well and they only are alias with some parameters). Thanks!

Advertisement
Note: you seem to be loading textures every time you render your scene. That's a bad habit to get into. Load them once before using them, and unload them once when you don't need them anymore.

Quote:
Original post by Captain P
Note: you seem to be loading textures every time you render your scene. That's a bad habit to get into. Load them once before using them, and unload them once when you don't need them anymore.

You are right. Thanks a lot for the note! I was wondering why it was so slooooow :S

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!