• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
spraff

full-page postscript photos

This topic is 3751 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, all. I have a collection of jpeg images and I want to convert them into postscript files, which I can do with the linux convert command-line tool, except they should each fill one a4 page. Ideally, they'd stretch with no margins on the best-fit side, and preserve the aspect ratio, introducing margins rather than cropping, but a stretch-to-fit solution is acceptable if that's the only easy way. At the moment when I do "convert foo.jpg foo.ps" the image is too big for the page and if I do "convert -page A4 foo.ps bar.ps" then nothing appears to change (although the postscript is different). I'm ready to hear esoteric solutions, running a script in OpenOffice, say, or a bizzare HTML/CSS trick, or whatever, would do fine. Thanks for reading.

Advertisement
And no, psresize doesn't help. It seems to be rescaling the content at the same rate as the page, so there's no visible change.

Use the -density option to convert to set the DPI level. You'll need some clever way of determining the appropriate DPI level, though.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!