• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Torque vs Dark Gdk

This topic is 3699 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, Well i know that there is no such thing as "Torque" but there is Torque Game Engine,Torque this n that. So i would like to know ...How is Torque....Also i understand that it is based on C++ so i also checked out Dark GDK...So i would like to know which one would you recommend.... Now i understand that it depends on the type of game that you are making...i will be using it for an FPS game...

Advertisement
I like Torque. I use Torque X for a few small games and it's pretty nice. I've heard good things about the original Torque game engine and there's also a book that uses that on their website. I've never used Dark GDK as I code in C# but it's meant to be nice too. It's up to what you want to do

Quote:
Original post by I Am Legend
I like Torque. I use Torque X for a few small games and it's pretty nice. I've heard good things about the original Torque game engine and there's also a book that uses that on their website. I've never used Dark GDK as I code in C# but it's meant to be nice too. It's up to what you want to do

How do you like Torque X? I'm considering it using it for my next project which will be a 3D game, but so far it really seems like it's not going to be of much use without the full source code. I'm also pretty disappointment with the lack of documentation and other supporting material for the 3D components. I mean the XML-based system is really nice, but without a full specification I can't write a decent level-editor (which I'd have to do, considering GG's is 2D only).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!