• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Clipping question

This topic is 3701 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a progress bar in my game which is implemented as a 3D object. I need some way to clip the portion of the object that is rendered based on the current progress value. What would be a good way to do this? I have heard of "user clip planes" but wasn't sure if that was what I was looking for. One complication is that the progress bar is not a separate model- it is part of a mesh which contains other UI elements, and the whole thing is rendered in one draw call. I only want to clip the progress bar though. If it's necessary to break the progress bar into its own mesh though, that's OK. Currently I'm using a pixel shader to do the clipping, but it doesn't work with ps 1.1 so I'm looking for a better way that doesn't require shaders. Thanks Kuro

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!