• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Strange Java Exception

This topic is 3577 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I keep getting "java.util.NoSuchElementException" returned to me for this section of code but I can not see any reason why it is happening. I've gone through and checked the areas where there might be a problem but I dont know where to being. I think it is throwing an exception because it is accessing something that hasn't been created yet everything works fine when I run the code. I really am a loss as to why this is happening. Here is the code if anyone thinks they can figure it out.
   public void loadAnimations(String w)throws Exception{

try{
            Scanner sc3 = new Scanner(new FileReader("Worlds/"+world+"/Objects/"+w+"/info.dat"));
            while (sc3.hasNextLine()){
                String disposable2 = sc3.next();

if (disposable2.equals("o")){

disposable2 = sc3.next();
                    BufferedImage objImg = ImageIO.read(new File("Worlds/"+world+"/Objects/"+w+"/"+disposable2));

if (getPrefix(disposable2).equals("default")){
                        objMass = 0;
                        for (int i = 0;i<objImg.getWidth();i++ ){
                            for (int i2 = 0;i2<objImg.getHeight();i2++ ){
                                int alpha = (objImg.getRGB(i, i2) >> 24) & 0xff;
                                if (alpha != 0) {
                                    objMass++;

}}}}

objectAnimMap.put(w +getPrefix(disposable2)+0,objImg);
                    sc3.nextLine();

} else if (disposable2.equals("s")){
                    int tmpInt = sc3.nextInt();
                    disposable2 = sc3.next();
                    BufferedImage objImg = ImageIO.read(new File("Worlds/"+world+"/Objects/"+w+"/"+disposable2));
                    for (int i = 0; i<tmpInt;i++){
                        BufferedImage tmp = objImg.getSubimage((objImg.getWidth()/tmpInt)*i,0,objImg.getWidth()/tmpInt,objImg.getHeight());
                    }}}sc3.close();
        }catch (Exception ex){
            System.out.println(ex+"@Gamepanel.loadAnimations");
        }}

[Edited by - NotTheCommonDose on April 3, 2008 3:25:29 PM]

Advertisement
Edit your post and put your code in ['source']['/source'] tags (minus the '). Also, if you're using any IDE it should tell you the line number that the error is occurring.

Quote:

I think it is throwing an exception because it is accessing something that hasn't been created yet everything works fine when I run the code

How can it work fine if you're getting this error?

I think it's a non-fatal error. It's returning the error because I have it in a catch statement, what it's referring to it does not tell me. That is the extent of the message, there is no line being returned.

RESOLVED: The problem is the while sc.hasNextLine(), I narrowed it down and replaced that with a sc.hasNext(), the error went away. Thank you.

James

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement