• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ixM

Qt and OpenGL and a few other questions

This topic is 3706 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, I would like (I actually have to) design a little game with Qt and OpenGL. The (things you should know about) rules are easy : - Each player has a pinguin which he has to move on a hexagonal tiled map. - The pinguin can be moved as far as the player wants as long as the direction doesn't change and there isn't any obstacle. It has to be moved directly from a point to another (meaning he cannot stop on an intermediate tile to grab the fishes). I'm new at OpenGL and I already have a problem. I'm encountering some problems integrating the OpenGL widget in Qt. At least I think so. So let's start, I've taken a look at Qt's given example to add an OpenGL widget to my window ( http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/opengl-hellogl.html ). I've modified after having read the 2 first lessons of this website. You can find what I wrote at www.ixamaxi.be/qt I didn't paste it here because there are 5 files. I hope you won't be bothered opening them. The problem is that whatever I do, I don't have anything displayed. The only thing that changes is the background color. Maybe I've not understood how the lists work... That is the main problem that I have, and despite everything I did, nothing changed and I'm stuck there. I hope you'll know what was my mistake(s). Thank you, Regards, ixM P.S. As written in the thread title, I have other questions but I'll wait till this one is solved before posting the other ones.

Advertisement
Ok after a few more tests, I have been able to draw lines but not quads or triangles.

Weird :/

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!