• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Qt and OpenGL and a few other questions

This topic is 3608 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, I would like (I actually have to) design a little game with Qt and OpenGL. The (things you should know about) rules are easy : - Each player has a pinguin which he has to move on a hexagonal tiled map. - The pinguin can be moved as far as the player wants as long as the direction doesn't change and there isn't any obstacle. It has to be moved directly from a point to another (meaning he cannot stop on an intermediate tile to grab the fishes). I'm new at OpenGL and I already have a problem. I'm encountering some problems integrating the OpenGL widget in Qt. At least I think so. So let's start, I've taken a look at Qt's given example to add an OpenGL widget to my window ( http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/opengl-hellogl.html ). I've modified after having read the 2 first lessons of this website. You can find what I wrote at www.ixamaxi.be/qt I didn't paste it here because there are 5 files. I hope you won't be bothered opening them. The problem is that whatever I do, I don't have anything displayed. The only thing that changes is the background color. Maybe I've not understood how the lists work... That is the main problem that I have, and despite everything I did, nothing changed and I'm stuck there. I hope you'll know what was my mistake(s). Thank you, Regards, ixM P.S. As written in the thread title, I have other questions but I'll wait till this one is solved before posting the other ones.

Advertisement
Ok after a few more tests, I have been able to draw lines but not quads or triangles.

Weird :/

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement