• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

March 2008 Direct-X SDK

This topic is 3674 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a professional copy of Visual Studio 2008, and I am having a major problem when trying to install the new Direct-X SDK (as my laptop has been recently reformated). For some strange reason the SDK is not actually "installing". To better explain this the sample code and documentation are there, but the documentation and include files (aka libs and headers) are not getting integrated into Visual Studio. The libs and headers are no big deal as it has happened before, and I can force visual studio to include these myself. However not have the documentation/help for DirectX functions is a serious issue for me. If anyone has any form of help or has encountered this problem before, I would appreachate any direction that you may be able to give.

Advertisement
There has never been any intergrated DX help and I've always had to manually set the paths to the headers and libraries in the options deal.

I too have had to intergrate the headers and libs myself many times before, but usually when I "F1" on a direct-X function/class/etc. Visual Studio previously would have the function/class/etc. in the help. After talking to a few people at work, I found out that Visual Studio 2008 has to also have the documentation intergrated by hand, with a new SDK intergration tool. This seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for the help.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement