Baby born with 2 faces...W.T.F!

Started by
11 comments, last by owl 16 years ago
LINK I just don't see this happening "natrually". There are so many medical things that happen such as having 6 twins because of artificial fertilization and so on. Weird medical shit has been popping up a lot and I think maybe we need to watch what chemicals we are fucking with. On a side note, I think its funny that doctors have a term for this condition as if we have a dictionary of terms that aren't real yet. "Quick, we have a 4 assed monkey, look up the name of this condition." "Sir it's called mafesto's quad ass." (south park reference).

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

Advertisement
The thing with the exploding size of China and India is that one-in-a-billion chances happen like three times in their population. Well, that's grossly incorrect to state in that form, but you get the gist.

There have been other people with similar disorders in the past; for example Abigail and Brittany Hensel just turned 18.
I just mentioned the summer job I had years back scanning in images into a database of genetic abnormalities in another thread here, and now I have a chance to mention it again.

I don't see anything particularly out of place with abnormalities like this, as I've seen a fair chunk of the things that can happen to humans if something goes strange in our DNA. Stuff like that just happens, particularly in areas where people tend to marry within a small population (there are villages in the world where it's not uncommon for people to have twelve fingers or more).

I also don't see anything weird about doctors giving a name for these things. As can be implied by my job, there's people who need to catalogue these conditions, and it's hard to do so without giving it a name.

As an aside, my favourite example from that job was the baby who was perfectly normal (no obvious intellectual disabilities, no facial abnormalities) except for having three arms and three legs.
Over there years there seemed to be a large frequency of genetic defects which originate out of poverty stricken countries like parts of Africa & India..

I would probably put it down to what trapper mentioned about marrying within a small population but also with respect to other influences such as diet, living conditions & sometimes even quality of healthcare..

For example,
I know back home in Nigeria there are loads of cases where children are born with genetic defects due to drugs being perscribed to mothers during childbirth, that were either the wrong ones or cheap crap made up by corrupt pharmaceutical companies who thought they could save more money off the drugs they produced by padding them out with junk (flour, chalk etc..)
I'm pretty sure this kind of thing happens all over the world too..
"where she is being worshipped as the reincarnation of a hindu goddess..."

lol religion.
Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitation pull! Post in My Journal and help me to not procrastinate!
lol speciesUnknown. Love the reply :D So true.
"Hospital officials says she can use both mouths" lol, I sense an eating contestant ;)
Suddently my head got filled with an inmense amount of sex-connotating jokes...
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
This brings a whole new meaning to calling someone "four-eyes."

[lol]
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
When I read the article and saw that this child was born to a family in India, I remembered this article I read a few years ago: In Afghanistan, New Misgivings About an Old but Risky Practice

I can't assume that the husband and wife are related in any way, but if it is a small village and the gene pool isn't very diverse, then maybe stuff like this becomes more likely. That's my first guess.

I'd also suspect that something like this is closely related to Siamese twins and you could probably find an infant developmental link rather then a genetic defect... only one way to find out! Clone those kids!
Do you imagine if this girl grows up (I really doubt she can make it) and marries some guy (or two) and has descendence? That would be the beggining of a new race of two-faced humans...
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement