Bethesda and Fallout 3 analysis thread.

Started by
14 comments, last by NathanRunge 16 years ago
Bad news about Fallout are Bethesda looks like they are making it as yet another (more complex) shooter. So because it's too late, and this thread can't be used to correct Fallout problems (Nobody would like to do solve Bethesda problems for Bethesda, its theirs right to crash theirs face into the dirt at full speed.), lets discus all design problems, theirs reasons, and where things went wrong. First lets look at the VATS system, from what they are saying the are fiddling with AP regeneration. The problem is, when system is properly designed, the AP regeneration (when the system requires an AP regeneration) would be clear somewhat automatically. From what I can see, Bethesda has yet again problem called design of a RPG system, and its modification. It might be fun to see if they could compete with FF XIII system design. It's your turn to continue with nitpicking and game analysis. Materials allowed are Internet forums, speeches of Bethesda developers, reliable computer magazines sites. Hacking into Bethesda computers is disallowed because theirs code is in flux, and it would be unreliable source.
Advertisement
I'm having an extremely hard time understanding your post. Could you try again?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Why don't we wait for the game to be actually released before bashing it? I have faith in Bethesda, who delivered the amazing experiences of Morrowind and Oblivion.
Between NMA and Bethesda's own forums, I would have thought there are enough 'lets bash fallout 3' threads for one internet.
Considering Fallout 3 isn't even out yet, how can you analyze their design decisions?
Ouija boards, astrology, augary, tarot cards, crystal balls, examining the entrails of slaughtered animals, casting objects into liquids (often wooden rods, stones or molten metal), numerology, dream interpretation, pyromancy, I Ching, arrow casting or symbol drawing. I suppose you could try divination by Feng Shui or palm reading, but it'd be difficult to apply to software.
Quote:Original post by Raghar
It's your turn to continue with nitpicking and game analysis. Materials allowed are Internet forums, speeches of Bethesda developers, reliable computer magazines sites. Hacking into Bethesda computers is disallowed because theirs code is in flux, and it would be unreliable source.

And making up stuff isn't "an unreliable source"?

No, it's not out turns to nitpick. It's Bethesda's turn to deliver.

I have plenty of doubts about whether they can pull it off, but unlike you, I don't pretend to know what the game is going to be like.

Ironically, the only specific complaint you mention (the VATS system) is one of those I'm not too worried about. There's plenty they can do to ruin the game, but that particular feature looks reasonably solid, and, well, it replaces something that wasn't that amazing in the first place. (Come on, did you play Fallout for the exciting and dramatic battles? The combat system had some interesting features, most of which still exist in Bethesda's VATS system, but apart from that, it was slooooow and clumsy and not very intuitive)

Leave the blind Fallout bashing to the people at NMA. They're better at it. They've had most of a decade to practice.
Quote:Original post by lightbringer
Why don't we wait for the game to be actually released before bashing it?

QFT. The idea of having an "analysis" thread before the game is even released is laughable. The game's not even in beta yet.
Fallout was perfect. After that game everyone else put down their tools and are now just doing it as a hobby. As a matter of fact every other game is just an imitation of some element of Fallout. Since Fallout there's only been one good game, Fallout 2. I will sacrifice 100 USD in Bethesdas honor if they deliver.
I'd sacrifice as much as $69.99.

All I want from this game is the opportunity to dress like Mad Max and fight giant scorpions. Any other content or features is either an easter egg or extraneous.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement