• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Moving from a rotating sphere to a 2d rectange

This topic is 3682 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, I'm clueless when it comes to this. I've got a sphere that rotates quite nicely, but now I'm after when the user hits a keyboard button that sphere stops rotating and flods out to become a 2d rectange. Any ideas?

Advertisement
It's simple to convert the sphere to a rectangle. Use an editing software (3DS max or Blender) and export the keyframes. In your program, you just interpolate between keyframes to have a smooth animation.

Quote:
Original post by chippiejnr
Hey guys,

I'm clueless when it comes to this. I've got a sphere that rotates quite nicely, but now I'm after when the user hits a keyboard button that sphere stops rotating and flods out to become a 2d rectange.

Any ideas?

You could use a shader to do this pretty easily (depending on what "flods out" means).

ok - I'm going to put this project on hold for now, whilst I get on without other work. I think its a little 'out of my depth' and I feel like i must read and learn more of the basics first.

But thanks for all your replies :-)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!